Swapped Instrument Cluster on Sprinter

Charity's Van

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey Folks, I have a 2008 Sprinter. It came with the Low line instrument cluster and no steering wheel buttons. I have a non running 08 that has the Hi line instrument cluster and steering wheel buttons. I installed the Hi line and wheel buttons on my van. Everything seems to work fine except the odometer only shows ------- Who can repair this? Im near Memphis Tn if there is somebody local; if not i can ship it to them. i tried to post pictures but file too large

Reactions: danthewolf00

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Cecil's Automotive
They've got a location in Collierville and one in Olive Branch. They most definitely work on Sprinters. I've had mine in the Olive Branch location more than once.

There's also German Auto Tech in West Memphis, but I don't know if they work on Sprinters.

There's also Dr. Benz, in Cordova I think it is, but again not positive about Sprinters.

If worse comes to worse, there's the MB dealer in Memphis. Those guys aren't cheap but they can fix anything. And fot some weird assed odometer problems, they may be your best shot.

Reactions: Charity's Van

Charity's Van

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
im learning the instrument cluster must be programmed to your vehicle. seems i need somebody with speedometer experience to take info from old one and transfer to the new one. sounds simple huh? yeah well its over my ability limit

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
im learning the instrument cluster must be programmed to your vehicle. seems i need somebody with speedometer experience to take info from old one and transfer to the new one. sounds simple huh? yeah well its over my ability limit
Takes a Mercedes Benz tool or special knock off tool to do the turn on stuff.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
As far as I remember, the instrument clusters have the VIN of the vehicle burned into it and it cannot be changed. Basically, you need a new cluster to make it work with your van.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: hdxpedx and Turtle