Successful Expediters

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Over the years I have seen many posts in regards to being a Successful Expediter. You have to ask yourself, what is considered to be successful in this business? Is it how much income one does? Is it how many loads you take? Is it it how many trucks you own? Is it how many of whatever you can think to ask yourself?

Success is measured one load at a time. Your only as successful as your last load. It's not about how many trucks you own or how much income you make. John Elliott told me one time " it's not what you make, it's what you keep". Those are some pretty good words to live by.

I know a lot of owners and drivers that I consider to be successful in this business and hope they continue to have great success. In my book, if your out here on the road delivering freight you're already successful.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
For me, success is measured against the goals you set. It might involve money or it might not. It might involve certain lifestyle preferences or it may not. It might involve not sitting for prolonged periods or it might involve the exact opposite. The key is to have clearly stated goals. Those who know what they want to achieve are more likely to achieve it than those who are simply wandering around hoping for something better.

Reactions: artie

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would go with the goals and throw in expectations.....is expediting meeting your needs? are you happy with the results so far?...Are you satisfied with your ongoing plan?....
and yes J.E's certainly rings true....at the end of the day...how much is in your pocket?....

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
" it's not what you make, it's what you keep". Those are some pretty good words to live by.

I know a lot of owners and drivers that I consider to be successful in this business and hope they continue to have great success. In my book, if your out here on the road delivering freight you're already successful.

Amen friend! So long as my family is fed at home, mortgage is paid to provide them a warm, loving home, I still have the tools necessary to do my job IE - "it's not what you make, it's what you keep" I'm SUCCESSFUL!

Reactions: APMECHANIC