stuck

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are stuck for the weekend. The truck was not really able to be run any further. I used 5 QUARTS of power steering fluid in 24 hours. When I checked it into the shop they found it has a recall notice on it as well. SO, here we sit. Just north of Indy. May look up one of my old spy buddies while I am here. That would be fun!!

Monty

Expert Expediter
Oh Lordy ..... LOS has free time on his hands! How we gonna deal with it! ;)

ASA mean anything to you Layoutshooter?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh Lordy ..... LOS has free time on his hands! How we gonna deal with it! ;)

ASA mean anything to you Layoutshooter?

Notice the unit crest, yes, 3 years of it. My friend I am in contact with over our implant is also ASA/NSA as am I!

Monty

Expert Expediter
1963-1967 ... ASA .... Fort Dix, Nj, - Ft Devens, Ma, - Shemya, Alaska, - Vint Hill Farms, Virginia, - Ft meade, Maryland, - Chitose, Japan

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!

Monty

Expert Expediter
spec5.jpgASA.jpg

Looked kinda like this ....

I was offered Spec6 to re-up ... I declined.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
1963-1967 ... ASA .... Fort Dix, Nj, - Ft Devens, Ma, - Shemya, Alaska, - Vint Hill Farms, Virginia, - Ft meade, Maryland, - Chitose, Japan

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you!

Would not have to kill me, I have a "chip" too!

ASA- 1970-73. Ft. Lenard Wood, MO, Ft. Devens, MA, Misawa, Japan, Ft. Bragg, NC, Homestead AFB/navel ops, FL. 17 years at NSA as well. DIDA ALPHA! :cool: Good chance we know some of the same people.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If I was the enemy I'd be checking out Frtlnr Shops.
LOS spends his time going from one to another. He may be installing equipment or training....
Once you're in you're in.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I was offered a position at NSA when I jumped ship. But declined .... I was, (at that time), one of 3 people in the world qualified to operate a new system they had brought online.

I wanted to be a truck driver, not a spook! ;)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was offered a position at NSA when I jumped ship. But declined .... I was, (at that time), one of 3 people in the world qualified to operate a new system they had brought online.

I wanted to be a truck driver, not a spook! ;)

Taking that position was one of my bigger mistakes!

It will be fun to meet up someday. There is a VERY good chance we know some of the same people.

Bringing new systems online was, in my opinion, the best part of the job. Once learned it got as boring as the rest of it.

I wanted to fight forest fires in Everglades Park when I got out, but, *SIGH*, I was not a draft dodger. SO, I ended up as Casper again.

Hired on at NSA and went straight to an overseas site for 5 years.