Stuck in New York City

ZMAN

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
What opportunities are there for someone who lives in the Tri-state area. I live just outside of New York City. From what I gathered by visiting various company web sites that explicitly state "No NYC Drivivig", NYC is a bad place for people in this business. Since I lived and worked in NYC for 12 years, I've learned to deal with it. For the past 2 years I've driven a van in the area but I want to earn more. I don't want to go back to an office enviornment nor sell my house and move to a more trucker, O/O friendly area as some people have stated in these forums. I've read most of the postings in these forums and found them insightful. Should I just forget about expediting and do something else?
Thanks

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You will make good $,because people from out of the area will not stay and layover due to high motel costs,tolls etc,,so as a result you will stay busy.. When I first got into this business I lived in Rutherford NJ,did quite well,running trips to jfk and CT etc.. So give it a try,if you can put up with the traffic,congestion and generally rough conditions you should make out OK..

G

I deive a D unit for a small exp. co. out of ne. Oh. I go to long island at least once a week and sometimes twice a week. There is alot of freight going in, don't know about going out. I deliver and start heading west right away.

DENNIS HARRISON

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
CALL TRI-STATE AND THEY CAN PUT YOU ON A LIST THERE IS A MIKE THAT IN NY THAT HAS TRUCKS ON WITH TRI-STATE ASK THE GIRLS AT TRI-STATE TO HAVE YOU TALK TO PHIL AND PHIL CAN GET YOU THE PHONE NUMBER OF MIKE HPED I HELPED YOU BRENDA AND DENNIS ARE PHONE IS 1-888-388-9381