STRESSED

melca

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
hello to all!

ive been accepted to become an owner operator with fedex custom critical. im looking for a reefer straight truck. does anyone know of any owner operators who are selling any trucks that will agree to installments? im trying not to go to banks because i dont want to be involved in interest. if i have to i will, but i prefer not to.

thank you

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Zorry is on his way to the Expo to try and sell a freshly T-Val’d reefer.
He’ll take 100% down.
Or he’s got third party financing for OK credit with some down payment.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You'll likely be paying interest whatever way you go. I can't imagine an owner not factoring that into a payment even if they do sell direct. You'll want to write it off too.

Reactions: JerryK

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I spoke to a guy last year buying like a $150,000 Reefer from an owner.
He was paying him 20% of his income.
I said are you paying interest ?
He said “I don’t know.”
I believe he didn’t have a clue. The owner would let him know when it was paid off.
Right.

Reactions: piper1 and RoadTime

melca

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I spoke to a guy last year buying like a $150,000 Reefer from an owner.
He was paying him 20% of his income.
I said are you paying interest ?
He said “I don’t know.”
I believe he didn’t have a clue. The owner would let him know when it was paid off.
Right.

Wow! LOL That sounds very foolish. Thanks

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
hello to all!

ive been accepted to become an owner operator with fedex custom critical. im looking for a reefer straight truck. does anyone know of any owner operators who are selling any trucks that will agree to installments? im trying not to go to banks because i dont want to be involved in interest. if i have to i will, but i prefer not to.

thank you

How much solid experience do you have? Am I reading correctly, you want an owner to finance you and assume risk without any interest? What is your down payment going to be? What is your time frame to repay?
If you decide expedite is not to your liking, and quit....what is your plan to buy the truck?
Did you simply look in the classified section of EO.... there are several listed. Some already have FEDEX logos.