Streets in Chattanooga , void of cars almost

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
By now many of you driving big rigs and straight trucks are getting a break from those crazy 4 wheelers... somewhat safer I hope.....downtown is nice, almost void of cars and bicycles are in again now...its not good for the economy, but the air is much cleaner and it smell fresh again. Gone are the sirens and all that goes with that, and you can see whats really downtown---yes stores really have windows not blocked by vehicles loading and unloading...no wrecks lol....peace,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,for awhile, guess the cops are grateful .IDK

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IDK. Guess it depends where you are.

Driving yesterday (Thursday) from Port Huron to down past Detroit. I was a little surprised at all the traffic. For a state under shutdown, there sure was a lot of people out and about.
Everyone going shopping? :rolleyes:

I did notice that many businesses were open despite the order to close.
Apparently, many think they are essential, or just saying screw the consequences :confused2:

Reactions: muttly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I did notice that many businesses were open despite the order to close.
Apparently, many think they are essential, or just saying screw the consequences :confused2:
That's due to the strong and inspiring leadership at the state and local level. <snort>

Anyway... I read an article the other day that showed, according to national GPS data, trucks are traveling much faster these days. Not because they are speeding, but because of dramatically reduced traffic. One example given was the average speed on I-285 around Atlanta in the morning and afternoon hours where it's been 53 MPH instead of the normal 31 MPH.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Anybody have this little gem as their Representative?

Well here it is. I had to wait to listen to it and couldn't find it.
I should of known to look under...

Streets in Chattanooga , void of cars almost :JC-hysterical:
oh well, and nope that Looney lady it's not in my district thank God :starwars023:

• Haha
Reactions: ntimevan and Turtle

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Not really the thread for it, but didja see AOC go full-on flailing car-dealership tubeman?

I'm not even going to talk about how she's railing on Republicans for something that every single Democrat voted for.

• Haha
Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Not really the thread for it, but didja see AOC go full-on flailing car-dealership tubeman?

I'm not even going to talk about how she's railing on Republicans for something that every single Democrat voted for.

Wow, I'm thinking these two in a cage match would be great :p

index(2).jpg

Reactions: Turtle