Strange

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A strange thing happened to our QC around 9PM last night. It "shut down" while we were rolling, under load.

It then came back up with the statement that it was "upgrading" then it rebooted and started up.

We called FDCC and they were not aware of anything like this being planned. Any one else see this happen? :confused:

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Happened to ours this morning right as we were pulling into our delivery. Luckily it came right back up. Have not noticed any change.

Sent from my DROIDX using EO Forums

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
There was an upgrade planned about a couple weeks ago, there was a message in the Fleet bulletin.. I wasn't running that day.. so about 3 days later mine did it. "I think" if you're not running when they do an update, your QC is probably in a Que, and every now and then the system checks to see if it can update yet.

That's my thought, anyway!

Dale

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There was an upgrade planned about a couple weeks ago, there was a message in the Fleet bulletin.. I wasn't running that day.. so about 3 days later mine did it. "I think" if you're not running when they do an update, your QC is probably in a Que, and every now and then the system checks to see if it can update yet.

That's my thought, anyway!

Dale

Could be, I don't know.

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Mine does it often. We're in the test group....not sure if that's why or not. Dreamer's rationale seems plausible.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Happened to us twice, once on tuesday when we went to start the truck after fueling and once when we started the truck to pull away from the dock after delivering. We are part of the test group as well, but haven't gotten any e-mails saying that this would occur.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Quite often ours gives us the bottom 75% of the screen. We can't get messages or log. Yesterday am I called and someone other than Tom answered. He said I was the third call in about a minute with that problem. Each time we start the truck our volume setting lowers itself. I took it to Fontana for repair and the Tech said "thats common. No repair needed. It'll lower itself to zero and has caused us to miss messages. Anyone else ever have this problem ?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Quite often ours gives us the bottom 75% of the screen. We can't get messages or log. Yesterday am I called and someone other than Tom answered. He said I was the third call in about a minute with that problem. Each time we start the truck our volume setting lowers itself. I took it to Fontana for repair and the Tech said "thats common. No repair needed. It'll lower itself to zero and has caused us to miss messages. Anyone else ever have this problem ?

Yep, all the time. Sure glad we get to pay more for this stuff. It also seems like they have no idea where we are more often than before, although, that problems seems to have eased up a bit in the past few weeks.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter

I have that happen once or twice a month. I press ctrl/alt/del and it pops up an on screen keyboard, asks me if I'd like to restart, and then pulls some error msg out of it's butt- in FRENCH.
Really. I press enter and it restarts.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
We have text messaging for our phone so all loads send us a message so we do not miss any load offers.

We very seldom have out sound turned on as the noise wakes up the person sleeping.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
only the C link dept would know about that. The dispatchers and CC won't know about that stuff. A couple of times I had updates and thats how it works. It appears to shut down etc. Totally normal.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
To the people in the test group, what are you testing? Or are you allowed to say?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Can't wait until we can have that option, but then they will probably charge us $50. a week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

I just wish we had scanning period. I have a trip I have to mail because between the drop and my place for home time was no trip pak box.