Straight vs sprinter

itsbutters

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Ok my question for everyone is would a straight truck be better than a sprinter van for making money?and thank you for any advice

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Is the straight truck going to have a sleeper or is it going to be a daycab?
I mean straight trucks have hours of service and log book and weight stations to deal with.
Sprinters only have to deal with that if they carry haz mat. Other wise sprinters run....run.....run.
I would look at a small box van over a sprinter so I could have windows and such....just keep in mind the weight limit and height of what you drive.

Reactions: itsbutters

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The bigger the truck the more potential loads. I had a couple of "loads" in my straight truck roughly the size of a shoe box. If a van had been available they'd have gotten the "load". If I were going back out it would be in the tallest, longest Ford Transit available. Freedom from logs and scales and low clearance issues plus standing up to put on my pants would be the winning combination.

itsbutters

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Is the straight truck going to have a sleeper or is it going to be a daycab?
I mean straight trucks have hours of service and log book and weight stations to deal with.
Sprinters only have to deal with that if they carry haz mat. Other wise sprinters run....run.....run.
I would look at a small box van over a sprinter so I could have windows and such....just keep in mind the weight limit and height of what you drive.
Seriously thank you