straight truck with home made sleeper?

alex108

New Recruit
Researching
Hi has anyone ever both a sleeper in their straight truck box? This straight truck is going to be under CDL and 26 ft long. Is this doable? Or am I in trouble if I get pulled over?

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, research past posts.
They’ve been talked about in the past.
I see no problem if you’re running solo.
You can log off duty 10 hrs and sleep on the roof if you’d like.
If you want to log sleeper time, as a team, or to split break, you’ll need a sleeper that meets the regulations.
You’ll find those in your research on here also.

Reactions: Turtle

Truckster1036

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Isnt there companies i think for like $2500. Dollars they will build you a sleeper on your24 ft straight truck that meets dot requierments.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For $2500 I’ll give you
12. 4x8 sheets of plywood
32, 2x4 studs
6 rolls insulation
1 6x8 piece of carpet
1.fantastic fan
1 hacksaw
3 rolls duct tape
Some drawings on a napkin

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Hi has anyone ever both a sleeper in their straight truck box? This straight truck is going to be under CDL and 26 ft long. Is this doable? Or am I in trouble if I get pulled over?
This is NOT one of our trucks, an example only....an extended cab....we do have one, with a 22' box, for a gal who only runs a few days out, than back.... Once again. AN EXAMPLE.
My husband does not let me post pics of our fleet.

Attachments

• 152701129179479.JPG
    152701129179479.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 25

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
My husband does not let me post pics of our fleet.

Do they look that bad ???[/QUOTE]

LOL..... I think I did say...an "example" of an extended cab.... I believe I stated that twice in my post. I was trying to give examples to the OP. Not get slammed for trying to help and offer examples for trying to give help and offer "ideas" to a person seeking help.o_O:rolleyes:

C&J

Active Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
anyone had or heard of a regular straight truck built in sleeper

TST has sleepers built INTO the Van box..... They have a OC/yard?? in Woodhaven MI, 75/exit 32. I've seen them parked there. That is extent of my knowledge