Big Truck Straight truck Test Drive For My Wifer

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
We have been on the Expedite fence along time, researching and researching etc. One of the minor un-answered questions for us, will my wife be able to drive a straight truck with a minimum 96" sleeper, possibly with tandems. We have our Class A licenses, and I have far more experience driving tractor/trailer than her. She has not driven any large car of any type in a loooong time.

So, while we are on our 28th wedding anniversary vacation next weekend, we thought we might pass through Memphis (by way of Nashville), and stop in at Expediter Services to test drive one of their units. I have let them know in advance this is a no-sale test drive, as my wife just wants to know if she can handle the characteristics of a large straight truck.

One step closer everyday!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I read the thread title and thought to myself, "That's a pretty good trade."
Your wife heard you...

vector-of-a-cartoon-woman-chasing-her-husband-with-a-rolling-pin-outlined-coloring-page-by-toonaday-18280.jpg

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
... and I miss-spelled wife to boot! o_O I did send ES a message, and they said to call the day before to make sure there was a salesman available... I did state that this was a no-sales test drive.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When you call in I wouldn’t emphasize the No Sales part.,
I’d be more like we’re thinking Expediting may be a good fit.
We don’t want to waste your time and our time if the wife isn’t comfortable.
If she has a class A she should be comfortable.
And you should discuss Driving for them. It’s an excellent place to start for someone in your position,
Just set a time limit so you can gracefully bale. Unless you decide to stay a little longer.

Reactions: TeamPaul and Turtle