Straight truck specs expedite 2017

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What are you running and why? I like the prices on the Class 7s but I think a tag axle Class 8 would be more flexible. Looking specifically at a 2004 International with these specs

GVW 54000 Hendrickson suspension
14000 front axle air ride
40000 rear axle 256 wheelbase.
26 ft Multivan insulated box 102 96" Door opening
Carrier R90 Multi Temp 10,000hrs
Well Maintained truck Up to date service ,Oil Change.
Valid yellow sticker
Cat C11 Engine 385hp Eaton Fuller 10 speed Manual
New brakes ,batteries,clutch and tires.

Would allow me to do refrigerated loads when available, if I strike out expediting even local refeer work is available at 2000-3000 a week (canadian $) price $16,000 mileage 400k miles (local driven)

Good? I'm only worried about front axle load and it is a 14k...have to add sleeper but those cheesy boxes would suit me fine, even minumum DOT spec...
$_27.JPG

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I remember posting a similar topic a few years back and everyone said to go class 8 for longevity and engine life. You can buy a class 8 truck at 400-500k and still have plenty of miles and smiles ahead. If I could make 2000 USD locally a week I'd give up the long hauls but I kinda enjoy them if they are going to the right city. :) I'm on call next week, chances of getting a sprinter load, slim to none. :coffee:

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just saw a nice 1997 Peterbilt 410 hp with 20k front and 40k rear, no rust anywhere...not sure what to do with the big PTO sticking out of the middle of the frame (guessing was garbage truck)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let me know if you find anything useful. I heard they dont care about anything but the tag on the frame at a weigh station...so unless the id plate is changed, what it came with is whats legal...how to load it so the front is legal is what I need to know as well

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok no responses, thanks to T270_Dreamin for the links...20k on interstates, 12k most other places so 12k it is...now should I get tandem axle or no?

Planned use...all the expedite I can get with some bottom feeder locals and LTL off the bottom feeder boards...suggestions?

Reactions: T270_Dreamin