Straight truck rental

Rick7887

New Recruit
Mechanic
I’m having a very hard time trying to find a truck to rent for my CDL test.
Class B with air brakes. I am under contract with a new job to obtain my CDL class B with air brakes before I can be on the payroll. It’s not a truck driving job. I will be a mechanic. I’m looking for someone to possibly let me pay them to be my co pilot in his or her straight truck for a few hours. Practice real quick with said truck then take the test. I am located in SE WI. If anyone is interested or can point me in the right direction I would be ecstatic. Looking to do this (in a perfect situation) this Thursday.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I’m having a very hard time trying to find a truck to rent for my CDL test.
Class B with air brakes. I am under contract with a new job to obtain my CDL class B with air brakes before I can be on the payroll. It’s not a truck driving job. I will be a mechanic. I’m looking for someone to possibly let me pay them to be my co pilot in his or her straight truck for a few hours. Practice real quick with said truck then take the test. I am located in SE WI. If anyone is interested or can point me in the right direction I would be ecstatic. Looking to do this (in a perfect situation) this Thursday.
Have you considered a Penske, Ryder, or Enterprise rental?

Rick7887

New Recruit
Mechanic
All the above, solid no from enterprise. Penske said they will only went a class B to commercial clients. Local Ryder that would have correct vehicle line just rang today.