straight truck average

JENNANDDUSTY

Seasoned Expediter
Driver
Question...we're trying to get an idea of what kind of average miles per week H/W teams are doing...I know everyone says it's not about the miles, it's about the money, but still, I can't get an average on weekly miles driven. Is it 1000?? 3000??? 5000??

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Question...we're trying to get an idea of what kind of average miles per week H/W teams are doing...I know everyone says it's not about the miles, it's about the money, but still, I can't get an average on weekly miles driven. Is it 1000?? 3000??? 5000??

There is no good average out there to give you. It can vary greatly. It can be as low as none and has high as over 5000. I varies from week to week, month to month and year to year. It also makes a difference as to the equipment your truck has and what qualifications your team members have. Sorry I can't be more exact for you.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
We do about 120,000 a year and we are in service 70% of the year.
About 3300 miles a week when we are in service.

MaidMarion

Active Expediter

I sent you a PM.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
One doesn't want to have a TT mentality when doing this. One can run 5k a week and have little to show for it. One can do 3k with several expedite carriers and still make respectable money.