ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
So, was reading the cargo van forums... ran across a thread talking about how much actual load on can carry , weight wise , in a van. #rd grade math.. Essentially, the lighter the non freight load , the heavier the load you can run.. which lead me to thinking, that is also good advice to reduce how much fuel one burns ( I mean, Fuel is the one single biggest thing to take chunk out of one's profit , correct?. Rhetorical. )

That lead me to wondering about ways to cut fuel costs.. on highway , aerodynamic drag is the biggest sucker of fuel.. This is why the TT's have skirts and tails and aero covers for wheels. Why don't straight trucks?? similar road to floor heights/ clearance for the Panther sized ones.. I did a quick search to see if anyone carried aero stuff cor straights.. Nope all Semi's ... even an extra mile per gallon would add up over the year.

Has anyone seen any straights with aero?

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes. Check out their blogs here on EO. Scroll through and find actual numbers

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
What's name of their blog here?? couldn't find link through their profile.. and their profile pic tricked me a moment .. thought was a tt ")

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Well, the benefits are huge. They have a cascadia with dual rear axles and they are getting about 12.5 mpg if I remember correctly. But the biggest contributor to good or bad fuel mileage is still your right foot. They don't drive fast.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Greg

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Well, the benefits are huge. They have a cascadia with dual rear axles and they are getting about 12.5 mpg if I remember correctly. But the biggest contributor to good or bad fuel mileage is still your right foot. They don't drive fast.

YEah Flying, I just found their blog posts .. LOl didn't see the original fuel numbers.. What do Flirtless :p cascadias expect to get mpg wise? I saw their best was 14 and change.

Yessir, you are right about that go pedal.. Is how I taught my daughter .. when driving ,best to not make SUDDEN moves.. and that includes the go pedal. and no more revs than you absolutely have to. And cruise control is not always your friend. They like to accelerate hard up grades n such... "hypermileing" isn't just a Prius thing :)

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
YEah Flying, I just found their blog posts .. LOl didn't see the original fuel numbers.. What do Flirtless cascadias expect to get mpg wise? I saw their best was 14 and change.

Yessir, you are right about that go pedal.. Is how I taught my daughter .. when driving ,best to not make SUDDEN moves.. and that includes the go pedal. and no more revs than you absolutely have to. And cruise control is not always your friend. They like to accelerate hard up grades n such... "hypermileing" isn't just a Prius thing :)
The new cascadias have a different kind of cruise control, I forget the name of it. I bet that one helps too.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
What's name of their blog here?? couldn't find link through their profile.. and their profile pic tricked me a moment .. thought was a tt ")

Sorry our picture tricked you... I cannot seem to get the whole truck in the profile picture. The truck also has a trailer tail and I will try and add a picture here. We are a dry box and empty weigh in at 31,500 the life time fuel mileage of the truck is 12.21 and to learn more of the spec's look at this link. Team Run Smart - Bob & Linda Caffee, Team Run Smart Pros

fullsizeoutput_c75.jpeg

Reactions: Moot

ADBrouse

Rookie Expediter
Researching
haha is okay. wasn't complaining .. about the profile pic.. just tricked me is all .. :) slick truck :) Looks slick as anything :) set of underbody led lights under the van box and haha there ya go! :)