STAYING WARM IN WINTER (2)

G

HI EVERYBODY!!! THIS IS SOMETHING I WAS WONDERING ABOUT. WHAT DO YOU DO TO STAY WARM IN THE WINTER WHEN YOU HAVE A SLEEPER ON YOUR TRUCK? DO YOU HAVE TO RUN YOUR MOTOR ALL NIGHT?

G

I use an Electro-Warmth bunk warmer. $50.00 at most truckstops. I pre-warm the bunk and jump in! I use two light weight comforters and only idle if it's below zero. As long as you have a strong battery, or two, you'll never have to worry about a starting problem. I use a RV/starting type battery.

G

Jim, I guess I could put "It can't go out" on my head stone. I lit the heater the way I had done several times before (per instructions). For at least 30 minutes it worked the way it was supposed too, before I went to sleep. I called Coleman, and they told me never sleep with it or leave it unattended for long, because "IT COULD GO OUT". THEY MADE A BELIEVER OUT OF ME!

EH

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey Guys, You get what you pay for and those small units were never intended to be used in that way. They are DANGEROUS. The RV units cost more because of the built in safety features which protect you from the flame going out and Oxygen Depletion. If you believe the catalytics work without burning Oxygen, ask a science teacher, or someone who is knowledgable in the heating industry such as a heat & air engineer. I don't think it's possible but I was wrong once before. EH