stay or go? if go, where?

G

I'm new to expediting but not to trucking. Recently bought a "D" unit from another person and remained leased to the same company as she. I am not happy with the results. After totaling loaded/empty miles my gross ended up being $0.76/mile. Is this about right or do I need to change companies. I am with a very small expedite company in midwest although I live in SE. Any input appreciated. Reason am thinking need to change just sat for 2.5 days with no load got upset and came home.

G

I see two problems:

Small company in the midwest. Probably OH MI or IN. You are in the South. I smell hunger!

Try a nationwide company like Landstar Express America. You'll get head hauls AND back hauls!

Julie
Subject : stay or go? if go, where? Author : Wild Bill Date : 12/17/99 10:25:20 AM

G

Julie is right. Landstar was started in Charlotte, NC and we have lots of freight in the Southeast. give them a call. Call Rick at 800-622-0658 He is the recruiter for the south.

G

first see all the input lately about drivers bailing out from lea. check the expediters forum, search mode. also check lea out here on this net.......

G

I do not know how long you have been with lea but before someone puts out the money to sign up with lea they should look up the company rep... see expediters forum although they have had many of the drivers complaints removed there are still some there...lea bad place to be....!~!!!!!!

G

It's obvious to anyone that the Iceman has a personal vendetta with Landstar Express America. You can find disgruntled people at any outfit,if ya don't like it, move on,there's an outfit somewhere that will suit you,but the whining is getting old,give it a break.I have been with them since '96 and
yes,we do have REAL problems and I quit myself about once a month,but state your facts and move on,this is like arguing on the CB,people get tired of hearing it.Relax and enjoy the holidays!!!!!!

G

I hope you're not implying that Joe Roman or Lawrence McCord are removing posts that speak ill of certain companies!

G

Thanks to all who replied. I have gotten a lot of info from you and others by reading this forum.

G

In answer to your "business question," this time of year, having total revenue divided by loaded and deadhead mileage of $.76 is pretty good for a D-Unit. During times other than now (DEC/JAN), a D-Unit should average a revenue rate of over $1.00 / mile (averaged over loaded + deadhead). My experiance shows this to be the slowest time of year with things picking up again in mid-FEB.

Other readers, is that about what you earn?

Mr. M.

G

I don't know you nor anything first hand about LEA but I think we have all "got the point" by now. You simply hate LEA and want to make sure everyone else knows it. Why not give it a rest? EH