Starting with clp

R

Revt

I have been looking to start immediately. I have my clp and would like to start doing team. I have an experienced partner with class a willing to train me. But no companies willing to help. Can anyone help???

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have been looking to start immediately. I have my clp and would like to start doing team. I have an experienced partner with class a willing to train me. But no companies willing to help. Can anyone help???
Do sny companies give a reason?

R

Revt

We have only found one. And the pay isnt good. I dont think we have had the chance to find any others to get a reason. Id assume because no one wants me in the truck without a cdl. But if they let my partner train me id A. Have it faster. And aB. Already be working.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have only found one. And the pay isnt good. I dont think we have had the chance to find any others to get a reason. Id assume because no one wants me in the truck without a cdl. But if they let my partner train me id A. Have it faster. And aB. Already be working.
In your OP, you said "But no companies willing to help", indicting to me you have applied to more the one company. Now you say only one. I'm confused.

Apply to them all.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would think most reputable companies want drivers with a CDL, not a permit. This is probably due for insurances reasons. Also if you only have a permit you are not a team. Your CDL partner can't log bunk time while you are at the wheel. Here's a novel idea, why not obtain your CDL B first. Rent a truck if you don't have access to one. Then go job hunting.