Forum Tip Start a Conversation

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There are several ways to start a new Conversation with a member.

You can go to your Inbox, click Start a New Conversation, and then start typing the member's name into the Participants field. After the first 3 or 4 letters a list of names will pop up. Select one.

You can click someone's avatar and the Member Card box will pop up. Select Start a Conversation.

On the Profile Page, under the Information tab, you can click the Start a Conversation link.

A **brand new neverbeforeseen link** complete with a snazzy little icon to Start a Conversation has been added under the avatar on the Profile Page.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How about on the phone app showing what size vehicle their driving?
I have an email in to JoshM on that to see if he can get that added. I just don't know if it can be done, or how difficult it might be.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oh, another change that you may or may not have noticed. At the bottom of the messages the Reply link has been renamed to Quote, since clicking that quoted the entire message in the reply. And the + Quote has been renamed to + MultiQuote, since that's what it does.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have an email in to JoshM on that to see if he can get that added. I just don't know if it can be done, or how difficult it might be.

Before the EO latest updates, when you clicked on a users profile, it showed CV, Straight or TT.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Before the EO latest updates, when you clicked on a users profile, it showed CV, Straight or TT.
Which latest EO updates? Updates to the app, or to EO? When was the last time you could see Vehicle on the app?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Which latest EO updates? Updates to the app, or to EO? When was the last time you could see Vehicle on the app?

A year or so ago when you touched the little picture, it would say cargo van on my profile. It was before the last major EO update and the last major ITunes update. It would just be handy to see what size vehicle someone was writing about.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ah, OK. <Turtle is breathing easier now> A year or so ago we were running completely different forum software. We moved to this software back in April, 2015.

Having the vehicle type was one of the first and most highly requested things when we changed over, so when I assumed the Admin position in June it was right up there at the top of my list. I'm not a programmer by any stretch, and nearly every little thing that gets changed has to be done in the code itself, so I'm learning as I go. But I don't deal with the Forum App at all, I only deal with the main browser interface. The Forum App is all Josh. Hopefully he can get the vehicle type added to it.