Starbucks said it

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
On the afternoon of Thursday, May 29, nearly 175,000 Starbucks employees from 8,000 stores and those working in the corporate office will go through training “designed to address implicit bias, promote conscious inclusion, prevent discrimination and ensure everyone inside a Starbucks store feels safe and welcome.”

The company said the curriculum will involve experts including, Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director of the Equal Justice Initiative; Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund; Heather McGhee, president of Demos; former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder; and Jonathan Greenblatt, CEO of the Anti-Defamation League.

Going forward, this training will now be part of the company’s onboarding process for new hires.
  • statements below from yahoo news folks

John
    8 minutes ago
    Jeez.....now where am I going to get $8 coffee?

• 9 minutes ago
    They should worry about serving better tasting coffee instead smh

• Rabbit
    9 minutes ago
    They sure do know how to overreact

• Buddha's owners
    6 minutes ago
    Perhaps they'll call it "Black Coffee Matters" day.

• Sal
    10 minutes ago
    Dunkin Donuts and Royal Farm serve much better coffee

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Implicit Bias Training = Politically Correct Thought Control

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The store manager was a racist scared white lady simple coward
Actually, she was a "radical SJW feminist of the highest order" who's beanie-hat is more SJW pins than hat, who annoyed employees and customers more than once correcting employee's misuse of gender neutral pronouns, who managed that location, which has a 60% black customer frequency, for more than 2 years, without a single racial incident on her record.

Oh,and she's Asian.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
She is still a racist. Remember even in the 30 and 50s and even today the most racists folk are found in the north.. as much as the poor confederate flag carrying fellow in the carolinas

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
That's fair .Good thing is its longer Jim crow era when the govt worked to protect the racists.

Nothing"s changed. The government is just protecting different racists. It's more subtle now, but we still have legislated institutional racism.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Starbucks, overpriced stuff for snobs who require name recognition. Other places make better coffee for a fraction of the price. They don't feed the inner snob though.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nothing"s changed. The government is just protecting different racists. It's more subtle now, but we still have legislated institutional racism.

Starbucks, overpriced stuff for snobs who require name recognition. Other places make better coffee for a fraction of the price. They don't feed the inner snob though.

Wow! I agreed with them both on the same day! Uh oh......

Reactions: Moot

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
The other racist had 400 yrs head start. I love it even I go tho the deep south and see some poor confederate flying folk with a Trump poster in their car or yard. I am like you deserve every inch of the poverty you are in ..

And meanwhile, their kin are mowing your kind with AR -15s.. kudos to 2nd amendment

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Wow! I agreed with them both on the same day! Uh oh......

There's hope for you yet it seems.

Reactions: Moot

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The store manager was a racist scared white lady simple coward

She is still a racist. Remember even in the 30 and 50s and even today the most racists folk are found in the north.. as much as the poor confederate flag carrying fellow in the carolinas

The other racist had 400 yrs head start. I love it even I go tho the deep south and see some poor confederate flying folk with a Trump poster in their car or yard. I am like you deserve every inch of the poverty you are in ..
And meanwhile, their kin are mowing your kind with AR -15s.. kudos to 2nd amendment

I agree with you here . You can't train people who been raised from ages 1 with racists aa parents

That's fair .Good thing is its longer Jim crow era when the govt worked to protect the racists.

Why has the newly coined term "Fractional Moron" popped up in my mind?[/QUOTE]

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Bojangles coffee----59 cents, free refills, beats the J and others....no snobery there, just old farts like me and others..lol

Reactions: ntimevan

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why has the newly coined term "Fractional Moron" popped up in my mind?

Death by age is getting rid the old morons who thought hanging other humans was cool

It's particularly sweet when you have to care for them in nursing homes. The joy seeing old dying racists squim is beyond this word

#not1750,any more

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The other racist had 400 yrs head start.
Racism is direct evolvement of tribalism and preservation of the group. Not 400 years, but more like 2.5 million years, and in reality dating back about 14 million years.

Death by age is getting rid the old morons who thought hanging other humans was cool

It's particularly sweet when you have to care for them in nursing homes. The joy seeing old dying racists squim is beyond this word
You've been playing around the edges of it in the thread up until now, but that post is full-on troll. I've lost count as to how many times you've been warned about it, and then said you wouldn't do it again, so I won't bother to try.

All I know is, the next post that can be construed as trolling will be your last post for a while.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
You have been doing the same turtle your responses are classical defense of institutional racism you don't see if but it's exactly the stuff that every other racist out there does subconsciously mostly the MAGA crowd.

Difference is you have admin powers , I don't and can throw around your 'power'

Look man, it's not like life ends or starts with been able post here.. nope. Feel free.

I however agree with you , racism has been around since the beginning of time 14 million years ago..and the difference now is that the majority racist ,have lost their power, and clutching straws of the good old days which ,will never come back

Last edited: