ST team need a home

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I am trying to help somebody and was wondering what peoples opinions were of their company, good or bad. This would be for a H/W both with clean licenses, tanker, and will be getting hazmat. He has about 4 years TT experience and she will have just gotten her class B. I just wanted to get an idea of what you do or do not like about your current or past company.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums mobile app

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Where do they live? Will they be buying a truck? What kind(equipment)? How often do they need to be home?

Obviously, we're with FedEx. We've done well with them, both annual income and per-all-miles rates. We're in a surface truck (read=non-White Glove) with a liftgate, both HM endorsements, both with passports. Go to Canada regularly, not afraid to do manual labor, not afraid of most of NYC.

What we like? Money. Seldom sit. We go home, and basically pick right back up where we left off. Soon as we're back on the board, the phone starts ringing. We have looked elsewhere for greener pastures that may suit our needs today, and are not finding what we like. Will that change when we become debt-free? Who knows? For now, we like to work, and FedEx has so many sources of freight, they keep us busy. Further, there is White Glove, DOD, and Temp-controlled loads. Pay is more, don't run so hard. Lots of possibilities.

What we don't? Sometimes there are a ton of cheap offers. Wife loves playing 'the game'. Me-not so much. Once you learn the system, you do well.

She would have to get her hazmat endorsement as well.

Feel free to PM (or have them) me for more info, if they want.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
She will be getting her hazmat as well. They have no problem staying out, for 2012 they stayed out for 325 days. They live near me in NY and are close to Syracuse. There is a possibility of them running for an owner or buying their own truck, it just depends on the situation.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
the person we drive for is very good.. honest, pays on time, keeps equipment up etc. PM me if you want his contact info

zorry

Veteran Expediter
The guy with the Fedex truck in Mahomet ,Il looking for a team is a pretty straight shooter and has a great package.
Former driver, he knows the system.
That part of NY is good for Fedex.
I'd recommend him highly. No games,pays well and on-time.

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
I suggest you drive for a owner instead of buying your own truck right now. The reason I say this is you need to do two things; first really see if the team really enjoys this type of work because it is not for everyone, second figure out the system and figure out what company you like the best to put your truck on with if you decide to go that route. I mean you need to invest some time in these two things. Me and my wife drove for a owner for 6 yrs. before we bought our own truck. Good luck and have a good time.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I am trying to help somebody and was wondering what peoples opinions were of their company, good or bad. This would be for a H/W both with clean licenses, tanker, and will be getting hazmat. He has about 4 years TT experience and she will have just gotten her class B. I just wanted to get an idea of what you do or do not like about your current or past company.

We have a add on EO looking for a team for this truck. We haven't found the right team for this truck as of yet. Have them check it out.
Expediters Online.com - The Expedited Freight Information Center