Sprinter

Clacker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
OK, the sprinters been out for a few months now. Anybody driven one or checked one out have any comments on it. Not having even seen one here in Ontario, my concerns would be stability in wind and whether it's under-tired.
Thanks.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Clacker,

Yes, I had the opportunity to run a Sprinter from Ft Wayne, IN to Detroit. It reminded me of my VW Jetta, tight steering, firm seat and hugged the road when running down the Interstate.

I really enjoyed it and thought that it was custom built for expediting - inside and out. It did not "feel" top heavy at all, it held steady when passing tractors at 70 mph. It really had impressive "get up and go" too.

Also, we have had many new owners stop at the EO office here in Florence, KY after they have picked it up from [link:thetruckguys.expeditersonline.com/|Freightliner of Knoxville].

You can read one of their stories here: http://www.expeditersonline.com/2001/December/Road_Issues699.html

Thanks,
Lawrence
Expediters Online.Com

gump

Expert Expediter
I had a fed ex driver deliver a package to my home and I asked him how he liked his sprinter,(company truck)He replied he hated it and it wasnt worth a %$#@ on snow.He told me Im much further ahead with my van.SOmething about when you step on the gas and the tires slip the truck automatically slows the speed down,He felt he had no control over the unit.He deperatly wanted his van back,He seemed to be a pretty smart guy so ill take his advise and stay with my express chevy.