Sprinter w dual sliding side doors. Bad idea?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've seen a few of these for sale but they're pretty rare (02-06 models). Being a unibody, is the structure weakened by this? Just curious, is all. :confused:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
scott, turtle said it best when he sais a "empty coke can" has more structual integrity then a sprinter...

now that being said, when they add the other side door, they box / frame it pretty good, and since the sprinter is weak in that are to begn with, it shouldn't be any worse, no matter, but not any worse...The other thing to think about is when you do a sleeper, most ofter one wall is blocker or even use for attachment points for some items.....add a door and you lose that also...

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
yeah i look at pictures with both huge doors open and wow i can't imagine how they've reinforced it. Those wacky Germans :D

Monty

Expert Expediter
Unless you have a sleeper that extends beyond that door, and actually adds to the structural integrity. (Which I have)

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
scott, turtle said it best when he sais a "empty coke can" has more structual integrity then a sprinter...

now that being said, when they add the other side door, they box / frame it pretty good, and since the sprinter is weak in that are to begn with, it shouldn't be any worse, no matter, but not any worse...The other thing to think about is when you do a sleeper, most ofter one wall is blocker or even use for attachment points for some items.....add a door and you lose that also...

You lose maybe one D ring. If that is the attachment point you are talking about.

Scott,
I know a team that has the duel sliders. They love it. I have one and never use it.