Sprinter Van living/Cargo trailer

northwestdirtcraft

New Recruit
Researching
Hello all!

I'm completely new to this, just trying to research what might be available.

I thought there might be an opportunity to live out of a sprinter, while carrying a cargo trailer...but from the posts I've seen on here, it might not be such a good idea with these heavier loads. The last thing I want to do is be unsafe on the road.

Do any of you folks live in your van? I've seen setups where the mid section of the van is the living space, while they dedicate the back for freight only. This particular example was the largest sprinter available...but could fit no more than two pallets, that's where I thought a cargo trailer might be of some use...but again, I don't want to be unsafe.

Anyway, I'm not looking to incite a riot...like I said, I'm new. Just trying to learn...and have a safe approach while doing so.

Does anyone have experience with this? Could you share your setup...and maybe point me in the right direction? Living in the van might be my only option here soon...and I'd like to be able to make a living...and maybe get to see some of the country.

There's so much information, and I'm just not sure where to start.
Thanks very much for your help on this.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Not being a van driver, I can't help too much, but the van set up you describe is pretty much how it's done.

The idea of pulling a cargo trailer is as old as the industry. While it may seem like a good idea, it's highly impractical.

As far as where to start, you might want to attend the Expedite Expo....

https://www.expediteexpo.com

Good luck...

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well 1 reason of many is that combo would put you over 10001 lbs. Hello logs, hello weigh stations, hello time driving time limits. Reason 2 it's very doubtful any legit company would hire such a beast.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
also ceva call's unsecure unit as you could take trailer really easy