Sprinter running cost

Mr. E Mann

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I've read a few times about 40 cpm being the cost for a sprinter to move. Can someone breakdown what's included in that cost? I'm guessing that's fuel and money set aside for maintenance and repairs? That seems high but maybe I'm not setting aside enough.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
CPM Spreadsheet

That's a link to OOIDA where you can download a spreadsheet to figure your Cost Per Mile. Truck washes, insurance, meals, bank fees, lots of stuff.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Knowing your approximate CPM is important, but the variables of this business diminish its value. If the business can allow 1/3 of your gross to be used as the operations fund, not counting fuel. Then you’re in the ballpark for most problems and annual expenses.

Christina414824

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I’m new to this site my name is Christina my husband and I just bought a sprinter van it’s been slow slow slow nothing like trucking may I ask what are we doing wrong? I’ve gotten one load in 9 days is it just how it is or? Thank u for ur time and I’m not even sure if I’m posting in the right forum bare with me y’all have a good day!

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I’m new to this site my name is Christina my husband and I just bought a sprinter van it’s been slow slow slow nothing like trucking may I ask what are we doing wrong? I’ve gotten one load in 9 days is it just how it is or? Thank u for ur time and I’m not even sure if I’m posting in the right forum bare with me y’all have a good day!

A lot of it is where you are sitting and which carrier you are with. If you are sitting on an area where they're isn't a lot of freight and there are lots of other vans near you, you can sit for a long time. Even in good areas, you can still sit for a day or three between loads. No, expediting isn't like regular trucking at all.

Christina414824

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Thank you turtle I appreciate your time I’m with a small outfit in Tennessee well relatively small I guess They are saying it’s the end of the fiscal year for the business and it’ll pick up are they full of it or is that a thing? Thanks again for your reply

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Thank you turtle I appreciate your time I’m with a small outfit in Tennessee well relatively small I guess They are saying it’s the end of the fiscal year for the business and it’ll pick up are they full of it or is that a thing? Thanks again for your reply
It's a thing, but it's not one that has that much of a dramatic effect on freight. It might, though, depending on where your carrier obtains most of their freight. If it's from an inductry where things slow down towards the end of a quarter, then it might be a big deal.
We got a New York praise the lord lol
Depends on where in NY it went. ;)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
most important learn system of what ever company you work for

Reactions: Turtle

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
get to know dispatcher's. every time you pick up a load or deliver it keep track of it . when I drove for fedexcc had a mapping program I could see where in each express center.. I had been and then after a few times . I had ideal where to sit, and wait for next load. that was reason I made a truck stop guide that told you where all the truck stop were in express center. now with all the mapping program's out now lot easier to find truck stop to get ready for next day