Sprinter radiator - intercooler cleaning

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2008 Sprinter 2500 diesel 3.0 turbo
NCV3 engine

I wanna clean the outer surface on my radiator and intercooler. Anyone perform this task themselves or have it done? The intercooler looks easy enough, the radiator does not ...

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
2008 Sprinter 2500 diesel 3.0 turbo
NCV3 engine

I wanna clean the outer surface on my radiator and intercooler. Anyone perform this task themselves or have it done? The intercooler looks easy enough, the radiator does not ...
You have to get in between the intercooler and the radiator. On my T1N it was not extremely difficult, so I dont think on yours will be much different. If I remember correctly I just took off the top radiator support (2 big screws) and then I kinda pushed the whole radiator stack forward. I might have taken off the intercooler hoses, but it did not require taking off the radiator or a/c condenser hoses.

I was surprised how much junk has accumulated between the radiator and the a/c condenser. I wondered how it was able to still cool. Anyway, I bought a can of a/c coil cleaner at home depot and sprayed it on the radiator, then rinsed it off with the water hose. Looked like new afterwards.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk