Sprinter power deck etrack

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about etrak mounted on the top outside edge of there power deck. Not sure if its a workable idea, anybody set up that way?

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The power deck came with the van. The rings in the floor from the factory look to be adequate. Just looking at options.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I wouldn't mess with it. Might make a wide skid insecure if it had to ride on top of it. Maybe?

Wait, do t the deck boards just sit in the track? Like set down in place? If so, wouldn't that kind of be like strapping freight down to the pallet it's sitting on? Could it bounce out of the track? Or does it lock?

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The boards that run the length of the power deck frame is where I'm thinking of installing the new etrack. So the cargo is strapped to the deck and the deck is bolted to the floor.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Someone tell me if I'm thinking wrong. Don't know the effective weight capacity of a pd but if your strap attached to something on the floor and is cinched down tight are you efectivaly adding a higher stress to the pd like if you had to much weight on it? The math is beyond me.

In the alternative would strapping it directly to the deck via track lessen that affect?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
A valid point, but I would imagine the stated capacity might be as much for motor protection as stress on the ball bearings or whatever the freight rides on.

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Would like to keep to etrack just inside the 48inch zone, if possible. More storage, more better right. Good idea regards weight and stress on the deck.