Sprinter or Straight?

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
I was going to say something. But like usual I think I just better keep my mouth shut.

Besides after 2 years of doing this, most people still think I don't know what I'm talking about , so I will not interject my opinion into the conversation.

That and I'm out here making at least a 1. 45 a mile and staying loaded daily

(Ps- and that is with a sprinter mind you)

Joe
Sent from my LG-VS700 using EO Forums

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
Straight trucks are great if you are a team. Singles should stay with sprinters or cvs. Do to regulations. You are limited on the loads you can haul. Because you won't be able to get there without a break. And the customer wants it run direct. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Straight trucks are great if you are a team. Singles should stay with sprinters or cvs. Do to regulations. You are limited on the loads you can haul. Because you won't be able to get there without a break. And the customer wants it run direct. :)

Some bigger carriers also limit solo vans.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I would think Landstar would because they are very anal about safety. ( which is a good thing.)

sirgregory46

Expert Expediter
I would think Landstar would because they are very anal about safety. ( which is a good thing.)

I wouldn't think so.. They are real into independent o/o thing. I don't think they would just make up their own regs. But I don't know.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Tri-state limited solos while we were there a few yeara ago.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

jdezur

Active Expediter
I didn't think this conversation was this big when I initially posted. Thanks everyone!

I thought over the weekend about everything. I can always change if what I go with isn't working out. Right now, a Sprinter is looking better than a straight. Straights are "always in demand", so if the Sprinter just doesn't cut it, a for sale sign fixes it and I don't lose a lot in plates, ifta, dot stuff, etc. Since I've already got a class a, moving up wouldn't be hard.

This may be stretching this thread topic, but without going back and adding all the location posts, what would you say is a good (or bad) yearly average on paying miles for a Sprinter vs straight?

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

Last edited: