Sprinter Headlight socket

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
The driver's side headlight on my 2015 Sprinter has gone out twice in a month. The first time, I pulled the bulb, matched it with a new one, slipped the new one in, and voila, let there be light.

Last night, same thing. So I got a new bulb, changed it, and the earth is without form and void, as far as I can tell at night. I put in yet another bulb, and still no joy. The bulbs don't fit that tight in that little socket thingy you slip them into before installing the headlight assembly. I suspect that's the problem. I've jiggled the wires near the headlight and nothing changes. MB is out of those sockets.

Has anyone encountered this before?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The driver's side headlight on my 2015 Sprinter has gone out twice in a month. The first time, I pulled the bulb, matched it with a new one, slipped the new one in, and voila, let there be light.

Last night, same thing. So I got a new bulb, changed it, and the earth is without form and void, as far as I can tell at night. I put in yet another bulb, and still no joy. The bulbs don't fit that tight in that little socket thingy you slip them into before installing the headlight assembly. I suspect that's the problem. I've jiggled the wires near the headlight and nothing changes. MB is out of those sockets.

Has anyone encountered this before?
There is a sprinter repair shop in toledo,ohio off of Angola rd. They can either fix it or replace it.
Ask for Wayne