sprinter/cargo van jobs with operator license?

michael whelton

New Recruit
Researching
Hello I just turned 21 this august and really want to get into the transportation industry. I was wondering if anybody knows of any body or company that would be willing to hire me with no experience and with a operators license? I'm willing to get a Chauffeurs license if that will help, but just curious if anybody would take me for my age and experience. Any answers would be great!

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Michael, Do you really want to get into the transportation industry or do you want a transportation industry career? If you'll settle for the former then all you need is a used cargo van, a lease with a carrier or fleet owner and a few hundred dollars to cover your operating and living expenses until you get your first pay check. It will take you quite a while to achieve a profitable lifestyle if you start out driving a cargo van for an owner.

If you really want a transportation industry career then I suggest that you get some education as a first priority. Consider a community college truck driving course where you will not only learn how to drive a large truck (Where the money is best earned), you will learn the fundamentals of commercial vehicle (CMV) safe operation and inspection, Federal safety regulations peculiar to CMV operation and other valuable information that will give you the education you will need to earn the money that is available to an educated and experienced driver. You would also be exposed to many folks that will be a valuable information network. Good luck with your choice.