Sprinter Blow-out

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was 8 miles from my drop off Sat., and had a blow-out on right front. The tire was completly gone, all but the inner side wall. Long story short. I went to bell Tire and they didn't have the tire that matched the rest. So I headed to Discount Tire. Little young dude met me before I stopped. What can we do for you today? Come look at this I said. Showed him the blow-out and he looked at it and said, "You know why it blew?" Nope I said. He said he did.....really, three folks looked at it at Bell and could'nt say why it happened, how could this young little dude know? He knew, because he knew what he was doing.

Yep, look here, as he was pointing and moving the value steem, see the steem failed. Yes it did, as I could see a split in the steem. He said it was the wrong steem for the tire. Well that made me think back a few months when I had a value steem go out while sitting.....hummm.

He showed me the vaule steem on my spare and said see the differance, this one is bigger at the rim and is metal. It is for high psi. The ones you have are for psi of max 65 psi. I was running 70 psi in front and 80 psi in rear.

I've been running with these low psi value steems since I changed out the orig. ones way back when. I now have 4 new feet for the sprinter.

If you are running with high psi, make sure you have the correct value steems. It will just be a matter of time.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Always.... ALWAYS use Discount Tire / America's Tire.

Best service anywhere and nationwide warranty service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Always.... ALWAYS use Discount Tire / America's Tire.

Best service anywhere and nationwide warranty service.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

They got me for life, first time I've used them. Best price I found on the tires I use, they saved me over 300 bucks over who I use to use....

And I got myself a $70.00 Gift Card to boot!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've used Discount as well, very good people, good prices, good service...

Eddie glad you were able to keep'er under control and you are safe....
where would the world be without your famous beer butt chicken....LOL

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've used Discount as well, very good people, good prices, good service...

Eddie glad you were able to keep'er under control and you are safe....
where would the world be without your famous beer butt chicken....LOL

Beer Butt chicken will live on with or without me. Three boys ensures that.

Disclaimer: Never let your Chicken drink alone.....

tumbleweeds

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I found a nail in the right front tire this morning and there was a Discount Tire in the same parking lot so I stopped in to have the tire fixed. They had me in and out in 30 minutes and at no charge. First time I have used them, but I will be back. Kinda like Les Schwab Tires out West. They are the best in the country.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
We have always used Discount Tire. The in and out service, the warranty, the price matching and the fact that they are nationwide.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
+1 for Discount Tire. They are the CIS of the tire world. There's them, and there's the rest.