Sprint PCS

G

Just a warning - if you think Sprint is really "nationwide" think again. Got a two year contract and can't get out of it. Wished we had gone with AT&T one rate.

L&M

G

Do you have the dual band phone? I find I have service in most of the country but it roams outside of most metro areas so I avoid using it unless absolutly necessary. Average phone bill is about $90.00 for around 600 min. AT&T is the best but my home zip code is not in their area so they won't give it to me, Jack

Ridgerunner

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have ATT one rate and I LOVE IT! I run 1400 minutes a month for 149.00 plus tax {around 179.00]. It's my only phone and I use the poop out of it. No roaming and no long distance. I haven't found another company who could offer what ATT does for the same price.

G

I have sprint pcs and love it! AT@T one rate is not offered in the Indianapolis area. But as i have always stated do not use on roam or you will pay! Never signed any contract. Just bought phone and picked plan. Recently changed to 700min for $70. Used phone this week in Detroit, Cincinatti, Norfolk, Pittsburg, and many other places while not on roam. I haven't found a better deal yet. But if I do i will take it.

G

Just wanted to let you know AT&T one rate, isn't all that great. I have the AT&T one rate plan. It isn't as nation wide as they say. I don't know what area's you run in the most. But I have alot of problems with it, in rural areas in ohio and indiana. Although there coverage map shows it should work in those area's. I can't count the number of times I needed to make a important call and the phone would not work. And in the expedite buisness that can be extremely devestating to your pocketbook. I called AT&T and ask them about this problem. And seems that they don't have towers in some of these areas, but they did tell me they are working on getting the rights to use who ever owns these towers in these area's. So that you can place a call. I have not seen it happen yet. I can almost predict anymore where my phone is not going to work for me. Personally I am not happy with the AT&T coverage. I am not saying,it won't work out great for you. But I just wanted to let you know what problems you may have with AT&T. Before you decide to switch to AT&T...

G

I am based out of L.A., & have been with Sprint for about 10 months. I think their coverage is pretty lousy. Going north on the I-5, for example, the coverage drops just north of Castaic, which is maybe 30 miles north of downtown L.A., & then won't pick up again until just south of Santa Nella, a mere 3 1/2 or 4 hours north of downtown L.A. Going east I loose it outside of Palm Springs, & don't pick up again untill almost Phoenix. Everyones heard of Santa Barbara, do they have reception? No way! A big rich town like that, you would think a lot of people use cell phones there; I guess Sprint just does not think so.
Is AT&T the way to go? Everyone here in town has my number; I would hate to have to switch numbers every time I try out a new system until I find the one with the best coverage area. There are so many different companies to choose from, who knows which one is best until you try it for a while.
Eric

G

I have Sprint free and clear plan with web minutes stacked on top, using a dual band phone. It is ok for what it does; I can get coverage up and down I-75, for example, but no coverage on I-77.
I am on roaming a lot. Sprint is now offering true Natl roaming in packages of 50 mins for $9.95. I also have a Natl plan with Airtouch, which I find more reliable and less of an accounting prob.
Several pkgs avail; I use $750 mins for $109.00. Same amount regardless who's system your using..Suggest it as an alternative for the folks who can't get AT&T.

LittleBigTruck

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I never had to sign any sort of contract with SprintPCS, that's one of the reasons I went with them. I don't think there's any company out there offering exactly what we all want-true nationwide coverage for the same low price-but someday...

doe.mouse

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have sprint pcs and didn't sign a contract. Sometimes if it wants to roam, I disable roaming and it will work regular. Though the signal might be weak. I have a dual band phone. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Trucker Matt

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Want AT&T but not in their service area? Don't worry about it, find a friend or relative that is, use their address but give your home address as a mailing address. Thats what we did and it works fine. Started out with an LA #, changed to a Texas # and address, but the bill always goes to Washington. Have had the service for well over a year now.
Coverage is excellent except a bit dicey in rural areas and some problems when you're rolling. I've heard the key lies in getting an external antenna. Thats my next buy.