Speedco and the MBE900

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Are they any better at servicing the MBE 900?

I took delivery of my MBE900 M2 in May of 03. At that time they had never seen this engine before. That was ok I had them use my own filters.

On one occasion they broke a air line,don`t ask me how. They paid for the repair (after some haggling)

On two other occasions they ruined the drain plug by using the wrong wrench. Ok, so I started carrying my own wrench and having them use it.

I stopped using them about a year ago.It seemed like I was almost doing the work myself.

Now seeing as how they are an EO advertiser and appear to want our business...My question is, have they improved? Do they stock the filters,and preform the work as expected?

JustUsTrucking

Expert Expediter
Speedco has done right by me. But they did use the wrong size wrench and strip it out as well. They have all the filters except the spinner you have by from m/b.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had a bad experience with them a couple years ago. Somehow the o-ring on the filter cannister got pinched. A day or so later it snapped and the oil pumped out. I wound up shut down on the side of the road, at night, under load, north of Rantoul, IL. I was towed to a swap point where the freight was recovered and then towed on to Springfield to a dealer. They fixed it the next day. I lost half my miles on the load and a day under repairs. Speedco paid the towing and shop bills and gave me a gift certificate for the amount of a service. I used it on additives instead. Corporate does stand behind their work. I've used them since then and all has been well. I agree with having your own drain plug wrench and also suggest having a couple of spare drain plugs in your tool box.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
I have not had any trouble with Speedco oil changes on my trucks, but I do watch them carefully and and inspect things afterwards. Very nice to hear of a place that stands behind their work, very hard to find in the trucking business. Sprinter vans have been around for quite a while, you would think they would welcome them and have the right filters and tools in Speedco shops by now. Mudflap

WILDMAN2088

Seasoned Expediter
I have a 2006 freightliner business class with the mb900 in it and have had speedco do my oil changes so far no problems and they have had the filters and the right size wrench too.