Son-in-law makes cut..NCAA Official

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Along with my check book the guy in the photo below (only photo I have) just finished baseball camp for umpire with the NCAA. Actually we only helped him a little,just enough to push him into it. He has been doing local sports for some time now. He is expected to be called this spring for start up at the local level around Michigan. Kinda proud of him for pursuing and thinking ahead. For a son in law he may not be bad after all. Maybe time to kick back and watch for his blunders for a year or two until he gets his wings with the big boys.
:) Wish him luck.

prince-fielder.jpg

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Nice! I'm sure that is D1, right? ;)

If D1 is entry level Im sure of it..
Thinking he wont see any major schools for a few years if he sticks with it.
He actually is making some preety good beer money doing the high school sports right now. Basketball,Softball,and Baseball. Money games come when they hold tournaments. Im actually surpised how good it can pay,,Not everyweek or game is a bonus but most of the time he does good.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
His biggest stadium so far. Yesterday. When the call came in he couldnt even find his car...Talk about someone being geeked up. He didnt know which way to turn at the moment. LOL

Mich.jpg60737_10151532825338483_1094812557_n.jpg

On another note. 2 weeks ago he got he first real taste of the bigger leagues. I believe in Spring Arbor Mich. Took what they think was at least a 86 MPH pitch straight to the face mask..Collasped the wire on the mask and Layed him out behind the plate for several minutes. Always thought he was hard headed.:cool:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Good thing the mask held up, probably time for a new one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Very productive year for this guy.He has done a snot load of college games this summer. Way more then he expected. This weekend he is either behind the plate or on third for one of the U of M games. U of M field I guess is under reconstruction so games are being played elsewhere. When he got the call for this weekend he was also informed to expect and be prepared to travel next season.
Kinda cool to see he applied himself so fast and is moving so rapidly into this. Certainly hope he has chance to quite his day job soon. For a Son-in-Law he just may have been a good investment after all. :D
He really is doing good for my daughter and grand kids. Its great to watch this unfold for them. Hope it keeps going.