Fuel for Thought Sometimes you walk a fine line

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Elogs. Yes, another article about elogs, but I hope this one is a little different. I am a solo driver and have been running elogs for a while. If you run team, you probably do not have to worry about some of the restrictions that come with the elogs. As a team you can simply switch drivers, given your co-driver has had enough off duty time to begin driving again, and keep rolling. As a solo, it seems planning your trip is even more crucial. Maximizing your time and getting the load delivered, safely and on time. As it stands now, 14 hours with 11 hours available to drive plus a 30 minute break before 8 hours is the rule. Deciding when and where to take your breaks can either help or hinder your success. I plan where to buy fuel along my route and try to make my 30 minute break coincide with it. Even something as little as fueling FIRST and then taking the break can have an impact on the rest of your trip. Fueling, On Duty Not Driving, counts against your clock, but fueling BEFORE taking your 30 minute break can give you that time back after the break.

What about the infamous LINE 5?

READ MORE...