Something new at T/A

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Didn't know about the change from 50 Gallons over a week now I found this on the T/A web site. Wonder if it includes Petro's

There is nothing quite like a long, hot shower at the end of a hard day. We've got the cleanest program around. Every shower is sanitized before every use and includes a freshly laundered, body towel, a wash cloth and soap.

Members of UltraONE Expediter get a free shower with the purchase of 20 gallons of diesel or gas and a $10 purchase of food in the full service or quick service restaurant at a TA location in a 24 hour period. (team drivers each get a shower at the same site, during the same visit).

Members can print out a shower coupon right at the pump or you can reserve a shower at the TA RoadMile MarkerTM kiosk inside just by swiping your card. The kiosk assigns you a number and, when your number is called, you can swipe your card again through the new card locks on the shower doors. Your card automatically stores a maximum of 10 showers (which expire in three days after fueling).

UltraONE Expediter members don't have to stand in lines anymore to get showers. All you need is your membership card and enough showers in your account.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
We have the regular TA card and have never paid much attention to the UltraONE Expediter Club card because in a team-driven straight truck we have always had plenty of fuel credits to get free showers. Am I missing anything by being in a straight truck but not having an UltraOne Expediter Club card? I am under the impression that this is a great card for vans.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have always thought the fuel and food combo was a terrible promotion and still do. I think I have used my u1 card twice since its launch. still not a very well thought out program. I am looking at this from a dprinter driver angle to be clear. They have yet to win any fuel business from me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Am I missing anything by being in a straight truck but not having an UltraOne Expediter Club card?
Probably not that you'd notice. With both the Road King and the UltraOne cards, any accumulated points will be forfeited if there is no activity on the card for 6 months. With that caveat in mind, Road King points expire two years from the date of issue, UltraOne points never expire.

The other major difference is that Road King showers are good for 7 days , while UltraOne card members get 10 day showers.

And of course, with the Road King (and the regular non-expediter UltraOne) card, you need a 50 gallon purchase to earn a shower, but with the UltraOne Expediter version of the card, it's 50 gallons within a five day time period to get a shower.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have the regular TA card and have never paid much attention to the UltraONE Expediter Club card because in a team-driven straight truck we have always had plenty of fuel credits to get free showers. Am I missing anything by being in a straight truck but not having an UltraOne Expediter Club card? I am under the impression that this is a great card for vans.

I don't think that there is any gain for a straight truck to have the Expediter Club card. Showers last longer on the normal UltraOne card. It is very rare when we ever buy less than 50 gallons.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
So far TA seems a better bet than the piolot and flying jerk.

Ahhh..no...it all depends on the type of deal your carrier can work with which company.....15 gallons of gas or diesel and we get a full shower credit which normally would get you a 1/2 a shower credit...at Pilot/J....

Now that being said..if TA would work woth Load 1 and get John/Load 1 the same type of deal he has with Pilot/J with regards to the FleetOne fuel card, then id use TA in a heart beat..even if it di take not gas / diesel purchases to get a full shower credit...

While Pilot/J are improving their showers, even the new ones are 2nd to most all TA/Petros.....

moose

Veteran Expediter
Also new, for a limited time, they have this cute thing :
Truckstop Says "Name That Burger" - Truckinginfo.com
i named a burger. wonder if i will win.
some other names i thought of that did not made the cut :
the BMI guarantee burger.
Moose burger.
Ultra burger.
fatso
the Puke burger.
heart attack.
the turtle burger.
sometimes the fries are just an excuse.
the 'we have a doctor on site'.
save a chicken, eat a burger.
the 'you don't really need to know what part of the cow it came from'
the 'yesterday leftovers'.
the "well, the veggy's are fresh'.
the trucker (lame).
the toilet Expediter. (sorry).
the Micheline belly.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Ive got cards from all these companies and I wish the points didnt expire, you never know where your going to have to buy fuel or whats going to be available, I always buy more then 50 Gals of fuel so shower credits I get, although I stay in motels most times, Ive been trying to rack up the food points but the food isnt really that attractive, FAST Taco GREASY Burger, SUBWAY Yuck....

So when will they give points that can be used for other things like actual fuel discounts, If your a frequent fueler like we all are, you should get some fuel discount, Hey every little bit helps today.
You get the cash price, credit price, etc but why not if someones racked up a good total of points give them the option to select on the pump with a card swipe, some additional discounts.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
And of course, with the Road King (and the regular non-expediter UltraOne) card, you need a 50 gallon purchase to earn a shower, but with the UltraOne Expediter version of the card, it's 50 gallons within a five day time period to get a shower.

According to a lady in customer service at TA, if you buy fuel 50 or more gallons at a time, the showers are awarded the same as they are on the regular card. I noticed I wasn't getting as many showers as I thought I should and called to ask about it. I was basically told that it was crazy for me to expect to get the showers that the terms of the card were supposed to provide, that's for cargo vans only. She suggested I'd be better off with the regular card, so that's what I now have.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yep. No matter the card, 50 gallons in one whack gets you the shower. In fact, 50 at one time gets you the shower immediately. You can fuel and then go in and use the shower you've just earned. When you do it 50 gallons over 5 days (with the Expediter version of the card), you don't actually earn that shower until the next day after accruing the 50 gallons, because they run that in a batch operation overnight, and you earn the shower when that's done.

I ran into that early on in the program when I put in 25 one day, and then 20 and 22 the next. After the 22 I knew I had my 50 in, and was ready for that shower, but I wasn't able to get it until they ran the batch operation. The problem with that particular one is this was a Friday and they don't (or at least didn't at that time) run the batch operations over the weekend, and I had to wait until they ran it overnight Sunday night before the shower showed up on the card. We had several conversations about that, as they were trying to figure out why I hadn't earned the shower immediately when I accrued the 50 gallons. Turns out, the shower isn't earned until the batch is run, so that's when the 10 days starts, as well.

As for the difference between the UltraOne and the UltraOne Expediter card, and being better off with one or the other, they are identical except for that 50 gallons in 5 days thing.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
According to a lady in customer service at TA, if you buy fuel 50 or more gallons at a time, the showers are awarded the same as they are on the regular card. I noticed I wasn't getting as many showers as I thought I should and called to ask about it. I was basically told that it was crazy for me to expect to get the showers that the terms of the card were supposed to provide, that's for cargo vans only. She suggested I'd be better off with the regular card, so that's what I now have.

Well, basicly, they did allude to the part about you being crazy....least they got that right?

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
PERSONAL ATTACK!!! Where are the police when you need them? Probably talking about pickles in the Load 1 forum.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just checked with T/A and they put up old expeditors plan by accident.. Its still 50 Gallons. That sucks sorry guys.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Awesome feel like ive been out of service too long. Lol but. 20 gallons is awesome

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums