Some people can't buy common sense.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
SALT LAKE CITY — Airport parking was even more taxing than usual Sunday morning after a semi truck tried to enter the parking garage and got stuck.Airport officials said the cab of the truck was too tall for the structure. The truck was stuck for nearly two hours.Authorities were able to move the truck after deflating the tires.

uploadfromtaptalk1371650391156.jpg

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And we wonder why the general public has such a bad impression of truckers! What an idiot!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You only have to prove you can fog a mirror for a driving job, so not too surprising.

mwhitie

Active Expediter
That's funny right there! I don't care who you are! (Larry the Cable Guy) or the Here's your sign guy would take a stab at it...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums mobile app

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And it just had to be a CR England truck, makes you wonder if all the stories you read about their training program are true....

guido4475

Not a Member
You can also see why the publics perception is so bad by people watching at a truck stop.

Not only watching, but by smelling alot of them as well......and seeing how poorly dressed they can be at times...no excuse for not taking a shower, as I am sure every truckdriver goes through more than 50 gallons each day to get a free shower....

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't think they're training these jokers even the most basic stuff anymore. I took truck-driver training in 1987, and at least the school I went to taught us about clearances. You start out with knowing how high your truck is. Now, a tractor is NOT going to fit in an airport parking garage-- you shouldn't need to be told that. The garage won't have much more than a 7 foot clearance, if that-- so, how did he ever think he was going to fit?

I begin to understand that 11'-8" bridge video only by thinking that absolutely nobody has any idea how big their trucks are-- even with it marked on the truck right where you can see it.

Note: My van is just a hair under 7 feet. That airport garage is awfully chancy even for me, and I'm likely to look for another choice.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Too bad it wasn't a Crete truck with their tagline across the trailer doors: OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE SITS 63 FEET AHEAD.

Attachments

• Crete 1.jpg
    Crete 1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Crete 2.jpg
    Crete 2.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Crete 3.jpg
    Crete 3.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Crete 4.jpg
    Crete 4.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 23

moose

Veteran Expediter
...no excuse for not taking a shower, ....
There are AMPLE rezones for TRUCKERS not to take a shower. the LAST one is their own choice. in most cases a shower is simply not available for a trucker when he is ready and legal to take one.
the 14 hour clock is a shower killer, as well as truck parking.
it is a great challenge for an OTR trucker to fit in a shower into his schedule.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I now feel fortunate for fitting a shower in my schedule even those times I only have 5 hours available for downtime and have to wait 15-20 mins for a shower to become ready. I have also stopped for a shower en route. What good is showing up 7.5 hours ahead of the open time only to nap "dirty". Driving at 3 or 4 AM is much easier, for me, after a "wake up shower" at 02:30.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
There are AMPLE rezones for TRUCKERS not to take a shower. the LAST one is their own choice. in most cases a shower is simply not available for a trucker when he is ready and legal to take one.
the 14 hour clock is a shower killer, as well as truck parking.
it is a great challenge for an OTR trucker to fit in a shower into his schedule.

Some people forget you can't shower at rest areas (unless on the OH turnpike), you have to maximize your driving time which often leaves you at a truck stop you don't fuel at or smaller ones with no showers.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
I guess it's also worth mentioning that its easy to "lose" an hour pumping 250 gallons of fuel, getting DEF, waiting for a shower, taking a shower & getting back up to speed. I give you that nothing happens quickly in a semi or in a truckstop for a semi driver. Touché, sort of.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I guess it's also worth mentioning that its easy to "lose" an hour pumping 250 gallons of fuel, getting DEF, waiting for a shower, taking a shower & getting back up to speed. I give you that nothing happens quickly in a semi or in a truckstop for a semi driver. Touché, sort of.

The only thing that happens fast for a truck driver at a truck stop is that he loses all of his money pretty fast.