Some Notes from a New Team

Detmike208

Seasoned Expediter
Well, it's been almost 4 months with panther for my wife and I. I have to tell you that we are very happy for the most part. I won't complain about specifics in here because it's too easy to take a pot shot at somebody that can't answer back. Let's just say that compared to the over the road outfit I had been with prior, Panther is an absolute pleasure to deal with.
A couple of things that I would like to see changed. Although I enjoyed the orientation very much and found it to be most informative, I would like to see them spend a little more time explaining the different types of first out and backhaul opportunities. Almost everything dealing with these two subjects came as a shock to us. Also, I realize that Panther is in the business of making money, but I have a very hard time recently getting phone calls answered after day shift goes home even if I'm on a load. Quite frankly, these have been minor issues. We are very very happy both with the way we've been treated and the miles that we've been alloted. We've gone out of our way every time Panther has asked us for a favor and it's always paid off in the long run. We have found the dispatchers to be more than gracious and somehow you always get the feeling that you're a team member and not being talked down to as is often the case in this industry. Like I said earlier, we have had our unhappy moments. If you have the ability to roll with the punches, this is a very good company to associate yourself with because you ARE treated like a valued member of the team. Thanks to all of you who have made our first months so pleasurable and to all those Panther drivers we have met on the road who have been kind enough to share their experience and advice.

Mike and Deb
Panther 5587

Last edited: