Some figuring

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Load Planning is running about 180-160 loads a day....current active fleet in service at any one time is maybe 220-250 across all units....soooo technical you should get a load approx. every second or 3rd day depending on your location. NLM is down from around 100 a day to approx. 20 per day...goes to show how diversified E-1 is to not rely on auto frieght that much. Which is a real good thing right now.
Personally I've been able to scratch out a reasonable effort to acquire 2-3 loads a week...enough to pay the bills and then some....last week we got 4 loads....right spot, right time is so impotrtant right now....pay attention and ask the questions that need to be asked and move accordly.

flattop40

Expert Expediter
right spot, right time is so impotrtant right now....pay attention and ask the questions that need to be asked and move accordly.

You couldn't be more correct. Everyone knew that in a van a good spot to be was louisville ky. I was there 2 weeks ago and 1st out but sat there for 2 days so moved up to Indy, another hot spot and was 1st out there but nothing finally got ****ed off and called load planning and the wild thing said to move towords Ft. Wayne which I did and finally got a load.

The game is changing and you have to stay on top of things.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You couldn't be more correct. Everyone knew that in a van a good spot to be was louisville ky. I was there 2 weeks ago and 1st out but sat there for 2 days so moved up to Indy, another hot spot and was 1st out there but nothing finally got ****ed off and called load planning and the wild thing said to move towords Ft. Wayne which I did and finally got a load.

The game is changing and you have to stay on top of things.

Define hotspot? Is there such a thing anymore?:rolleyes: