Canada Some Can. slang expressions...

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Myself and most people I hung out with in my young and stupid days called it Molson Ex-Lax.:eek:

It sucked almost as bad as Labatt's 50 ale!

Neither of which were as bad as Labbat's IPA!:p

I'm amazed at the crap I used to drink when I was underage!!!:D

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Myself and most people I hung out with in my young and stupid days called it Molson Ex-Lax.:eek:

Neither of which were as bad as Labbat's IPA!:p

I'm amazed at the crap I used to drink when I was underage!!!:D

and the with too much you'd be left with the "Molson Muscle"

I was a Blue man myself and then went to Black Ice....remember Carlings?

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Wow, looking at that slang list reminds me of how much I forgot over the years!

You know Tim Horton's is ingrained in our culture when they have that many references!

I still use the terms "The Shwa" and "Scarberia"!

I wish I could find the parody song that Q107 used to play many moons ago. Remember "Walk like a scarberian"?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What's so bad about Labatt's 50? I haven't had it in years, but I liked the stuff. Always brought a case back with me when visiting Canada, which wasn't very often.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
While I don't "say" it anymore a sofa and a couch are ALWAYS in my mind a chesterfield.

Plus I always think " I just totally deke'ed that guy out".

LOL!

I prefer 2% milk now rather than homo. Okay, someone pass me a serviette - I'm done, once I go the washroom and put my tuque on.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
While in Florida I once made the mistake of ordering vinegar with my fries AND asking for a serviette. That and my beady eyes were a dead giveaway.

Canadians go to the cottage.
Americans the cabin.

We say "grade 12".
They say "12th grade".

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
In my younger days i was at a bar in Windsor, witnessed two older Canadian fellows in flannels get in a fight because one guy called the other a "goof". Seriously, calling someone a goof is worth fighting over? Coolest thing was after they bashed eachother in the face a few times, they appologized and gave eachother a hug and bought a round of Labatts and Dr. Pepper shots (tastes just like the softdrink)for eachother and a few others in ear shot. No cops were ever called... a gentleman's fight if i ever seen one. But i guess calling someone a goof in Canada is the worst 4 letter word one could say.....Eh

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my younger days i was at a bar in Windsor, witnessed two older Canadian fellows in flannels get in a fight because one guy called the other a "goof". Seriously, calling someone a goof is worth fighting over? Coolest thing was after they bashed eachother in the face a few times, they appologized and gave eachother a hug and bought a round of Labatts and Dr. Pepper shots (tastes just like the softdrink)for eachother and a few others in ear shot. No cops were ever called... a gentleman's fight if i ever seen one. But i guess calling someone a goof in Canada is the worst 4 letter word one could say.....Eh

Lol no I think it was more the beer talking dude! :D

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Apparently that word is a HUGE bad word just begging to the user to be beat up.. but it's something within those who have been in jail. One of those words that if used in there, all heck breaks lose. Who woulda thought? Someone with a less than stellar past told me that one time when I used the word. I don't use it any more. :)

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
First time passing through Virginia we stopped at a little place for breakfast and I asked for a 'toasted Western on brown and tea'..
Do I mean, 'hot tea'?
Of course? How on earth ELSE would I mean it?? (If I wanted ICED tea, I would've asked??)
And then I find out they're also confused about the Western.. they looked at me like I had green large horns for ears when I told them how to make it and it included inserting contents into a toasted sandwich.
Oh, and everything came with grits (what the heck are THOSE, like really?? Are they potatoes or porridge??? If potatoes are they made with dehydrated potato flakes??)

While in Florida I once made the mistake of ordering vinegar with my fries AND asking for a serviette. That and my beady eyes were a dead giveaway.

Canadians go to the cottage.
Americans the cabin.

We say "grade 12".
They say "12th grade".

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
First time passing through Virginia we stopped at a little place for breakfast and I asked for a 'toasted Western on brown and tea'..
Do I mean, 'hot tea'?
Of course? How on earth ELSE would I mean it?? (If I wanted ICED tea, I would've asked??)
And then I find out they're also confused about the Western.. they looked at me like I had green large horns for ears when I told them how to make it and it included inserting contents into a toasted sandwich.
Oh, and everything came with grits (what the heck are THOSE, like really?? Are they potatoes or porridge??? If potatoes are they made with dehydrated potato flakes??)

But we still sell milk in bags. :eek::D