Solo Female Driver???

myluv2drive

Seasoned Expediter
I am a fairly new CDL-A holder interested in the expediting industry. I am looking to find out how SOLO drivers make out in the business? Can it be profitable? Will fleet owners hire SOLO drivers?
Any info would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUCKMNGR

Seasoned Expediter
Good morning, I just happened to notice your question concerning female drivers and expedite. I figured I would throw this in being with my expedite company we have a couple of solo female cdl-a drivers and they do quite well. I cannot say they do more than any other drivers but they are a strong part of the group. Ont thing I have noticed that I think is an edge with my female drivers is they seem to have a very very good eye for detail while operating.
As far as do expedite companies hire solo females, sure.... Why not??? Well, I know you said you are new and not sure who you are running with but welcome to the world of expedite and I hope you will find it to be not only profitable but also very rewarding business. Feel free to drop a note anytime, would love to hear how you are liking it.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
It's difficult, but not impossible, for an inexperienced solo driver to get a seat in an owner's truck. If you haven't been there, check out the free classifieds where owners are looking for drivers

Driver Wanted

There is also a place where drivers may post a free ad when looking for an owner. Good luck in your search.

Several carriers will help a driver with a referal to owners looking for drivers' referals. Check with the recruiting department of some of them

Last edited:

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a team driver so i can't give much personal experience on it but i recently talked to a solo and he said he made around $500 take home a week. not a whole lot.