sold my sprinter van

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
got what I wanted for my van person I sold it to , was told by state of MD he didn't pay enough for it.
so had to sign a note saying this was real price of van. state of MD wanted extra $200. in taxes for it.
though you were to get price as low as you could ,

Reactions: RoadTime

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a really good price on my '99 Dodge Ram Wagon back in 2003. PA didn't think I paid enough either. I took the bill of sale to the office in Harrisburg; they saw I was telling the truth and accepted the tax they'd already collected at registration.

I wonder if this happens frequently when you buy out of state? You're in VA and sold to a Marylander; I of course am from PA but I bought the van in Texas.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why did u sell. I have someone who just bought a brand new 2017 Sprinter and I thought it's the dumbest thing he has done.. Sprinter market is saturated

Sent from my SM-N910T using EO Forums mobile app
Your friend was dumb to buy a brand new truck for this market. All you need is a good used rig that isn't worn out.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
people who bought it are going to make a rv out of it

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are plenty of people out here doing just fine. Look how many new transits and promaster there are. It's a personal choice calling someone dumb for their choice isn't to smart.
I think it's better to have a slightly used van ( one that wasn't in Expediting before

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I have bought used, first van I bought was used, person I bought it from did one run with it and decide he would go back to family business, was a pizza shop in Philly pa
had 600 miles . stole it from him at $31,000 and still under warranty . , if you buy used make sure you have or can get maintenance records

If you are going to go into something like Ceva , or some other company don't buy used Penske straight truck, they ride rough, get what you want, invest in air ride on rear axle, front axle, cab, best air ride seat you can get
if your going to spend a lot of time in truck, get what you need to make it comfortable
leasing a unit is cheaper then buying one

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
There are plenty of people out here doing just fine. Look how many new transits and promaster there are. It's a personal choice calling someone dumb for their choice isn't to smart.
I think it's better to have a slightly used van ( one that wasn't in Expediting before

Why? One owner expediting miles (highway miles) are much easier on a van than multiple driver, city delivery, fleet miles. I once sold a van with 820,000 miles, one owner, expediter van to another expediter. He knew what he was buying because he was an expediter. Also, he knew and trusted me. Why he trusted me, I don't know. But it worked for him.

While total mileage is an important parameter; verifiable maintenance records, ownership, number of drivers, type of service it was used in, etc. are also important.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Why? One owner expediting miles (highway miles) are much easier on a van than multiple driver, city delivery, fleet miles. I once sold a van with 820,000 miles, one owner, expediter van to another expediter. He knew what he was buying because he was an expediter. Also, he knew and trusted me. Why he trusted me, I don't know. But it worked for him.

While total mileage is an important parameter; verifiable maintenance records, ownership, number of drivers, type of service it was used in, etc. are also important.
Who wouldn't trust someone from Minnesota? Now Jersey, who wouldn't buy from Krazy Eddie's Used Vans in Lodi. He personally guarantees that all the trucks really only have the 49,000 miles that show on the odometer and most of them come from churches where they were used to drive around little old ladies

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: Moot and ntimevan