So this is the Slow Time of the Yr....

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
We have heard it all last month in more then one thread..."It is slow, then is no freight, and what freight there is is cheap and the rates are crap..." Well I hope it stays this slow...better yet, if this is slow, we are in for a great yr....

From Jan 3rd till Feb 8th, I ran 26 loads...9384 Loaded miles...1798 DH miles for a total of 11182 total miles...made $1.26 for all Loaded miles and $1.06 for All miles for a total of $11,853.89...All in a lowly CV...All of these #'s are from the Fleet vison so they are what they are....and I'll show them to anyone that thinks its BS.....

Now I am not bragging, because I know I am not the top producer at Load 1....just pointing out that if you do this right, and your with a company that is working to make good on their goals, your dispatch is working to find all available freight and you run like you have set your goals to be successsful....you can be.....

Thanks John, Load 1 and Dispatch.....

Oh , I had a conversation yesterday with one of our very "in the know" dispatchers and it was pointed out that if i was in a "sprinter" type van, i'd be making more on a consistent basis then I have now....looks like a new Van might happen faster then the end of summer.....

Last edited: