4-Wheeling Snap-Loc Loc-Link : 4-Wheeling

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
Here is a handy little gadget for expanding securement options.

I thought about making something like this and then I found this little gadget at Northern Tool and Equipment for $8. The Loc-Link is two e-track single receivers welded together, so two e-track clips can clip together resulting in longer straps or a looped strap.

READ MORE...

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I buy them at New Haven equipment.
There's come in very nice,almost candy apple like, colors.
I actually have one to secure my Terry O' Connell inspired pj tie-downs in place. ImageUploadedByEO Forums1404775149.082125.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Nifty.

FYI, they do make lashing straps for looping. Originally designed for lashing logs together, it's a strap and a ratchet, but with no E-Track fitting. One end of the strap is permanently attached to the ratchet, and the other end loops back into the ratchet for tightening. I've found it to be indispensable for looping around 3 or 4 barrels on a skid. I lash the barrels and then run a couple of E-Track straps up through the lashing and down to the track. If you don't have a couple of lashing straps, the Loc-Link would be great to have. Even if you do, can't pass that up for $5 each. I can't, anyway. Ordered a couple of them.

I have a pair of these, 20 feet long: Heavy Duty Lashing Strap Ratchet

And a pair of these, also 20 feet: Lashing Straps

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have a pair of 2x4 E-track brackets that I use on the floor E-track with a 2x8 wood plank that will secure probably 80 percent of my single-skid loads. It makes a very nice barrier on the floor that will keep most anything from moving. I carry two of the 12-foot (yellow) and two of the 16-foot (gray) E-track ratchet straps. Anything that's top heavy or taller than a couple of feet (that could flip over in a hard braking event or an accident) I'll strap down. There have been a couple of times where 20-foot (blue) straps would have been handy, or if I could have connected the 12 and 16 foot straps together to make a longer strap to X up and over the freight. The Loc-Link will take care of that. Mine are sitting at the house waiting for me to pick them up. :)

I have the lashing straps that I use for barrels and loose stuff, but even if I only use the Loc-Links once or twice a year, it's gonna be great. It's like the D-ring E-track fittings I have. Only used them 3 or 4 times ever, but when you need them they're just the thing you need.