Smart Phone as a Hot Spot

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I am thinking of adding Hot Spot to my Sprint Smartphone plan.
It only adds $10 a month for 5GB.
Since I am running solo I am thinking I can get rid of my WiFi plan that is $60 a month and save $50 a month. My contract is up so no cancellation fees. I do have truly unlimited usage on this plan as it is a very old contract.
Any pros or cons?
Will a phone call knock me off the internet?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Man ! How many would love to have an unlimited plan again ?
Check your usage. 5 gigs isn't a lot. It may be enough.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I just checked it. I used over 5GB in August. Over 6 in December and almost 7 this month.
We were at home a lot during those months and we do not have an ISP at home.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
We lost our unlimited. To buy extra per month is twice as expensive as prebuying extra.
I like the idea. Just don't underbuy.

hossman2011

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You can probably get 10 gig on the phone and still save money.. that is what we did... a phone call sometimes ties up the tower connection for us with verizon but not every time.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
We lost our unlimited. To buy extra per month is twice as expensive as prebuying extra.
I like the idea. Just don't underbuy.

My wife and I still have unlimited and we both use our phones to tether so there isn't a chance I would give them up willingly. I just buy phones on my own because we can't upgrade without losing the plans but the small amount it costs extra for the phone is nothing compared to the ridiculous overage charges.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Foxfi is an app you need, Jim. Used to be free, but now it's $7 and change, one time. Use that unlimited. If you activate the hotspot, you have capped yourself. Call me if you need help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app