Slushbusters? Where can I get them?

guido4475

Not a Member
Bought them last year from J.C.Whitney, but they do not carry them anymore.E-bay doesn't have them, any one know where I can get them?

guido4475

Not a Member
I tried the link bob and Linda provided.When trying to check out, to pay, A red page shows up stating the sites security certificate has expired, and I should not proceed.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Guido, I bought a 2nd set last week from that site and the security page came up then too..but since i had done business with them in the past, I ignored it and ordered them anyhow...

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Give them a call I think they have a number listed. From what I have seen this is all they sell. You might try sending them an email to.

Last edited:

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I hate to think it but am beginning to wonder if SlushBuster is a failing product. Trying to order a set today, I was unable to find them on the J.C. Whitney site where I have ordered them before.

Going next to the INRSLTD.COM site, I noticed that they are priced at a five dollar discount from previous levels. I was unable to order them without setting up an account.

I don't want yet another account with yet another company. I just want to buy the SlushBuster. I sent them a message from their web site saying so and asked them to call me for a telephone order. The message was sent early Friday morning. No repsonse as of 18:00 tonight.

I also tried to call them and only got a voice mail message asking me to leave a message.

The name of this company is "It's Not Rocket Science, Ltd.;" thus the web site, INRSLTD.COM. Selling this product is not rocket science either. Suggested rule of thumb: Make it easy for people to buy, and when buyers call, answer the phone.

If anyone knows of another source to get SlushBuster, I'd love to hear it. This is a fantastic product and I do not like the idea of driving through snow without a set on our windshield.

guido4475

Not a Member
Phil, I have had the same results as well...no answers from phone calls, etc....such an awesome product...so sad we can't get them...with the proper marketing, they could sell like hotcakes..If I am able to get some, I will order several sets as not to go through this again...

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I so love 14.95 for product and 12.50 ups....... And 3.50 handling charges not!!

That bugged me too, so I always ordered several pairs, to make the shipping cost seem more reasonable. I mean, they only weigh ounces, fercryinoutloud!

guido4475

Not a Member
Thanks, just ordered 2 pairs.....Safety in the winter has no limit on price. $50.00 to help see better in the snow? Well worth it.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I removed mine last week. Will never put another set on. Over 250 bucks in parts due to those things. (as I was told)

Had them for about three years.

guido4475

Not a Member
They never posed a problem on my American vehicle as of yet.Maybe yours was just from wear? how old is it? Those are some pretty expensive prices! I know wiper arms for a Ford at the dealer are 15 bucks a side. Never replaced a transmission yet on my van.Those are simple to replace.

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They never posed a problem on my American vehicle as of yet.Maybe yours was just from wear? how old is it? Those are some pretty expensive prices! I know wiper arms for a Ford at the dealer are 15 bucks a side. Never replaced a transmission yet on my van.Those are simple to replace.

Wiper arm- Made in the USA. BTW- Nothing on a Sprinter is a simple replacement. Have to drop the air box to drop the linkage.....

I could've order the arms a little cheaper, but in order to see, had to get'em where I could. The new arms came with new washer jets/hose's. They are long, not for the dinky USA buckets. :cool:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I spent some time with an inventor at GATS a few years ago that had a small air piston attached to the wiper arm.
When you needed to kick the snow off you just sent air to the piston, lifting the arm. Release air and arm slapped back against the glass, removing the snow. Repeat as little or often as needed.
He also had a video showing how one could avoid injury by using this to remove the overnight accumulation of leaves in fall.
In hindsight, I should have invested in his idea. He seemed underfunded and probably gave up when he didn't sell his idea to an OEM at the show.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Two wiper arms- $76.00 each
One wiper transmission linkage- $100.10

All from the stress that was put on the system by the busters.

In what wasy was stress put on the system? On our truck, the SlushBusters put no stress on the system. What little stress that is exerted when the wiper blade passes over the SlushBuster is absorbed by the give that happens in the rubber wiper blade when it passes over.

See the photo below. Look close and note how the rubber part gives at the point of contact while the rest of the wiper system is unaffected. Also note how tiny the point of contact is.

If the SlushBusters are installed incorrectly such that the entire length of the blade strikes the entire length of the SlushBuster at the same time, a slapping action will result and vibration may be transmitted through the wiper system, enough to produce accelerated wear, but even that would be unlikely, I would think.

SlushBusters need to be installed at a slight angle to the wiper blade so only a tiny part of the blade makes contact as it passes over the SlushBuster.

SlushBuster.jpg

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It's odd that both wiper arms and the linkage would all go bad at the same time. The linkage pivot points need to be lubricated once in a while, but a pivot can still fail. The wiper arms are made of sintered material (not a solid piece of forged or drawn metal), but not to the same exacting purity and quality standards you'd find in the cogs and gears of the engine, transmission, rear end, etc. The arm is coated with a resin to make it look shiny and metallic. So they can just crack and break apart at any imperfection in the sintered material. You can see a great illustration of that when your alternator's decoupler pulley fails and your belt tensioner snaps in two.

The wiper arms are a relatively common replacement part on the Sprinter. They sell a lot of them to people who have never heard of Slushbusters. They sold one to me for the driver's side, and that was before I installed the Slushbusters. Three years after installing Slushbuster they are both still working.

There is far more stress on the wiper arm and linkage while using the wipers at 65 MPH than there is from the Slushbusters, assuming the Slushbusters were correctly placed when installed.