Slush Busters question

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
One of our Slush Busters is coming loose at the end.
Does anyone know how to re glue it?
They were just installed 2 weeks ago.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Another Slush Busters installation gone terribly wrong. Not to worry tho', I have never had much luck with them either.

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
The ones I had lasted for about a week or so then started peeling back and shortly there after
they peeled off all the way to the trash can...good concept...bad adhesive.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Really? I put them on my van and my sister's car last winter and they're still gripping tight. I'm betting you're in the decided minority on them not working, or you didn't install them right.

--

Open message to the GOP: 2012: Ron Paul or not at all. Why vote for one of your Obama-lite candidates when the real deal is in orifice now?

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

guido4475

Not a Member
Was the windshield cleaned with alcohol before hand? That takes off any dirt, road grime, etc.Put mine on at the beginning of the year, still holding.The other van still has them on, no problems, either! Best $20.00 ever spent!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
This is the 6th year we have used them and they have all had to be peeled off of the truck after winter.

I am not sure how you would get one to stick after it started peeling off.

Our daughter managed to take one off when she scraped her windshield in the morning.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Am I the only one to miss the memo ? Just what exactly is a slush buster?

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Since we are in the process of removing our signage with a heat gun I was wondering if it would be possible to use the heat to get it to stick to the windshield?

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Since we are in the process of removing our signage with a heat gun I was wondering if it would be possible to use the heat to get it to stick to the windshield?

Doubtful, as the part that has started to peel still has enough stickiness to have dirt cling to it.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
OMG 20+ years of driving and I never used a slush buster LOL. Only items on the caffees super rig is the auto chains would be great on my tractor other than that the little gadgets are extra dead weight LOL.

I saw auto chains in action few weeks ago crossing 2 in montana very cool gadget. They were on a tanker I was like WHAT LOl

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I am surprised by the reports above of slushbusters coming off. We have gone through a couple of sets but they have held over multiple seasons. The only time we replace them is when we replace the windshield.

- Installation errors?

- Stale product (glue) when ordering from a company that has had them in inventory for a long time?

- Company change of adhesive used that turned out to be a bad move?

OMG 20+ years of driving and I never used a slush buster LOL. Only items on the caffees super rig is the auto chains would be great on my tractor other than that the little gadgets are extra dead weight LOL.

Regarding the slushbuster weight, it was a concern for us too that we pondered deeply before making the $20 committment to a removable device. Having scaled the truck before and after the slushbusters were installed, I am pleased to report that both front and rear axles remain compliant. ;)

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Weight is always a concern when adding 'stuff' in the truck, but I decided if the Slushbusters put me over, I could do without a couple Kleenex to make up for it.
Everything's a tradeoff, eh? ;)

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Weight is always a concern when adding 'stuff' in the truck, but I decided if the Slushbusters put me over, I could do without a couple Kleenex to make up for it.
Everything's a tradeoff, eh? ;)
You learned this from your van days. Me, I don't bother with no stinkin' Kleenex, I gots me a long sleeve shirt. I also sawed the handle down on my toothbrush and the stock and barrel on my 12 gauge. Every ounce counts!

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I cut off the afflicted end with a single edge razor blade and used a heat gun to melt the end closed and smooth it out.
As long as it doesn't tear up my wiper blade I think it will work.
If not I'll peel it off.