Slow?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are we sure it is not the week before Christmas? I just cannot get over, one, how few load offers we have seen, and two, how poorly they are paying. IF this were to continue it would not pay to stay in business for sure.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I agree. It is dead dead. Reminds me of 2008 conditions. Where's all the freight at? We are surface truck and we bid $1.40 a mile (low for us) on 4 loads yesterday to try and get us home so I can file my irp and on each one we were under bid. Who can run there truck for less than that? That's crazy.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have been seeing offers today at WAY less than $1.40. Like $842 for 830 miles, 3000lbs. Some reefer loads pushing $1.40 per. Starting to suck.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
We got 2 good loads back to back thankfully but we went through a lot of crap to get to them. Someone took them for cheap.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We have two loads for Mon. Turned one down the first time. Then they made us a better offer. Make reasonable offers and we will say yes FAR more often than we do.

CCDriver

Active Expediter
Layout what size truck are you running? Do you ever call them up and discuss the load with the dispatchers or put in a price you would be willing to run it at?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Layout what size truck are you running? Do you ever call them up and discuss the load with the dispatchers or put in a price you would be willing to run it at?

We are DR Unit. We almost always give a counter offer, unless it was SO insulting that we are laughing too hard to put one out! :p

The problem is people are taking loads at rates that were good 6 years ago. As long as it continues, nothing will change.