Slow cargo van freight?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's slow for me. Been sitting since Tuesday morning. It's Wednesday early afternoon now. Had several loads offered, didn't get any of them. A day and a half is a long time to sit for me! Hoping its just the December slowdown, not the way things are headed overall.

bikerpaul

Expert Expediter
It's been slow for me. I haven't had a run yet this week. I had a call several days ago @ about 4:00 a.m. for a Canadian run and turned it down before I woke up. Called back when I realized what the run was, but it was gone.

guido4475

Not a Member
It's been slow for me. I haven't had a run yet this week. I had a call several days ago @ about 4:00 a.m. for a Canadian run and turned it down before I woke up. Called back when I realized what the run was, but it was gone.

It appears slow, of course, on one of the most important next 2 weeks for me....lol... Whadda ya do?....

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I hope my driver can get moving after he goes in service on Friday. I got my van all maintained up and my new driver is ready to go out there and snag a few miles away from the big boys. I sure do miss the road being here slowly falling to pieces. I hope it picks up for the rest of you.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I've had one of my better weeks so far; Starting Mon afternoon with Mpls to Detroit, then a nice paying shorty around Detroit, then last night a run to Allentown PA, and now a third of the way with a load from Allentown back to the Cities.

Round trip of approx 2600 miles in 72hrs. All at my regular rate or higher. Not too shabby. I'm usually the one sitting and wondering when I'll catch one, as everyone else on here rolls. Now I'm rolling steady and see others sitting.

It's all just location and the luck of the draw sometimes. Watching the numbers and picking a good sitting spot has just worked out this time.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Ive had 3 runs this week. One was for 100, 672, 648. So alittle above average so far.

Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin

takemall

Active Expediter
Scott....It was so slow that i was 1st out in Chicago for the whole day on Tuesday...It finally broke at 18;30 and got a small run to Crothersville, Indiana which moved me within 150 miles to the house so i called it a week...I had been out for 3 weeks so it was time to see the family anyways...I just licked my wounds and will be back on the road on Monday.... I hope you and Loretta are doing good and good luck....Ended the week with 800 miles which after a Tuesday is not bad, but everyone i talked to this week has said it is slow..

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Kinda slow... I had one run only so far for this week... at least it brought me close to my home :D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
portage, wi to syracuse, ny elmira,ny to lebanon,ky medford,tn to dayton,oh ada,oh to tallapoosa,ga 2600 miles

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Van freight will not get much better then it is....the odd bump here and there, but the traditional busy periods are all but gone.....no more week after week of 3,000 plus$$$$ pay weeks with an odd 4K in there as well....2600 miles won;t even get most the elusive 3K paycheck anymore...
Look at the future of CVing....

Most models of car and truck chassis are the same..a producer can mass produce chassis pieces for many models at one time....in the old days nearly every vehicle had a different parts list, not any more....
The ability to make a one income living at this is slowly disappearing.....a 2nd income is almost a must now or will be in the future.

Over the last 5 yrs, the invasion of the Penske gang, and they are NOT going away anytime soon....get used to the new future of CV expedite...

Then toss in the multi-platform group who have revolutionized putting on any POS with any idiot driver with Shipping Wars/UShip mentality...

Then you can toss some blame at some load boards for lowering their eligibility requirements so the even lower bidder can get access....

The new reality of CVing.....for a $2,000 investment..Go CVing.....:)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You must be bored this morning oh King of the freight vaccumes. ...:p

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
You must be bored this morning oh King of the freight vaccumes. ...:p

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

LOL...somewhat..but it is my opinion....many bad things for the future of CVing....I see nothing good in the future....

Falligator

Expert Expediter
My mom said that a lot if drivers that go into the hospital where she works have been crabbing that freight has been slow lately

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My mom said that a lot if drivers that go into the hospital where she works have been crabbing that freight has been slow lately

and anyone actually think it will get better on a SUSTAINABLE level?...for a CV that is. AT a sustainable price as well...