Slooowwww!

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Anyone else experiencing unusually slow times,after the new program came out? Been sitting in Raleigh NC since Thursday night 1st out, and only 1 offer for a 128 miles. /sigh

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Yea already thought of that. 11 tractor loads in last days, I am sitting on the edge of both. I dunno what gives but going to start exploring something to the house.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I ve been sitting home for a few days and they have still not reset the freakin # s yet came home from dallas to so florida without a load because of my % there should be no shortage of frieght because if as many people ive spoke with has bad # like me the ones w/ good% should be rollin good it doesnt matter we are looking for other things and places to go to found some verey good freight comps , if and when my tag dot # get here i just cant see working for a big co. That changes the rules when they see fit,
for those of you who think that there is confort in big companys ,i cant see it, id rather pull frieght from them through other sources and be happy rather than sit and let them slap my hand for refusing a load as an i own the truck not them.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I ve been sitting home for a few days and they have still not reset the freakin # s yet came home from dallas to so florida without a load because of my % there should be no shortage of frieght because if as many people ive spoke with has bad # like me the ones w/ good% should be rollin good it doesnt matter we are looking for other things and places to go to found some verey good freight comps , if and when my tag dot # get here i just cant see working for a big co. That changes the rules when they see fit,
for those of you who think that there is confort in big companys ,i cant see it, id rather pull frieght from them through other sources and be happy rather than sit and let them slap my hand for refusing a load as an i own the truck not them.

For all the time you are spending whining, you could have brokered your own load and not even worried about percentages. DH from Dallas to S.Florida without a load? Good grief. You are better off at another company.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
For all the time you are spending whining, you could have brokered your own load and not even worried about percentages. DH from Dallas to S.Florida without a load? Good grief. You are better off at another company.

AMEN to that Dave

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Every time ive brokerd a load panther sticks ther nose in it and gets a chunk i pay them to do this for me ,uasuallybrokerd loads dont pay enough any way and brite eyes when was the last time you found a load to florida.
Like i said im all most gone from here ,to all of you who sit and put up with a company that tells you how to run your comp. Good luck to ya i wish ya well oh and i will whine if i like dont read it then again you must be sitting alot if you got that much time on your hands you should put it to better use and talke to your bosses at panther and ask them why the changes , i beleive they are worried there are a lot of expiditer comps startin up and they are losin bidness.

ts675

Seasoned Expediter
Ttruck Getting to Florida is not the problem I have had, getting out is. With not allowing produce loads fruits etc. I had a hard time getting out. Take a deep breath man, use your downtime to analyze your business. Look at the areas you get stuck in, and try to plan ahead. I know its frustrating sometimes but a heart attack or stroke is not worth it. If you are interested I can talk with you and maybe help you some.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
not going to have a heart attack just moving on 30 years in truckin and i still have all my hair just cant understand why some people will let the company you pay[ or let them keep part of the load proceeds ] and change at there will whatever they want and no one says or complains to said company. now this is why the govt. gets away with the things they do because not enough of us will stand together and demand an ans .sort of like trucking we cant or wont stand together after spending a lot of time w/ phone calls i have found out that the avg.expidited load pays around 2.25 per mi. this i got from more than one source so they keep a piece of that and then they charge a fee to you to find you loads and change policy whenever. without notice.
sad.that a company that is 100%o/os and we cant make them do what we want, what if...............

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
not going to have a heart attack just moving on 30 years in truckin and i still have all my hair just cant understand why some people will let the company you pay[ or let them keep part of the load proceeds ] and change at there will whatever they want and no one says or complains to said company. now this is why the govt. gets away with the things they do because not enough of us will stand together and demand an ans .sort of like trucking we cant or wont stand together after spending a lot of time w/ phone calls i have found out that the avg.expidited load pays around 2.25 per mi. this i got from more than one source so they keep a piece of that and then they charge a fee to you to find you loads and change policy whenever. without notice.
sad.that a company that is 100%o/os and we cant make them do what we want, what if...............

I don't know what you have been doing in trucking for 30 years, but it should be somewhat obvious as to why they take 15 percent of a load.
Gee, lets see, you are using THEIR authority, THEIR insurance, and THEIR collections capability on the load. You get paid whether they collect or not.
I can't figure out why they wouldn't do this for free?:rolleyes:
As for Florida, I agree, a ton of freight goes in verses what comes out. Most going in is usually at a decent rate.

Last edited:

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
"when was the last time you found a load to florida."

All about risks, and I'm glad I'm with Panther. Had a nice load from Grand Prairie, TX to Tampa a week ago, then a load right out to Atl. And BTW, as soon as we feel like i'm not getting the miles we used to, a sweet 1700 miler pops up that was pre-dispatched while passing thru Canada. Add all you can to your arsenal, Canada, Elite, Hz Mat, team, keep percentages up, I promise you will be doing better then you thought possible with a "big company". Just listening to a little bit here and there on spot freight will explain the slower times, live with it and focus on doing all you can. Studying freight lanes is all well and good but if it's a 1,000 plus mile run, I don't care where it's going, if the money is there. Been to Anchorage before with a sweet empty move offer back out without even having to ask. I have often been surprised at the areas Panther does find loads out of. If all else fails, don't sit for more the a day, ck the load boards or negotiate an empty move to a better place and go! I'd be happy to try and help as well if anyone would like to PM me. Not that I'm an expert but hate to see someone knock a company that has been doing right by me for 5 yrs now.

Just my 2 cents......OK, maybe 4 cents.....

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
because i let my stats fall below 73% i was pushed to the bottom of the list 4 days in a row got to laredo as #4 next day i was 7 the next i was 11they need a haz mat to dh to sanantonio then load the next day to houston sat a day was moved again o the botom of the list from 1 to 4 overnite went to jackson miss. to be #1 overnite 2came in went to 3 said goodby and went home forced dispatch refuse 1 in 4 and you are at 73% by there computer or take loads that go nowhere and sit there .empty moves there s a total loss it cost no less than .48 cents per mi. to empty move or idle thru fuel[no apu] i think that all will see how the new[forced dispatch] sys. is going to work.

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
and you beleive they only keep 15%and you do pay them one way or the other we pay for the ins, tag, and authority is a small expense whether you have one or 1000 trucks its the same price

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
and you beleive they only keep 15%and you do pay them one way or the other we pay for the ins, tag, and authority is a small expense whether you have one or 1000 trucks its the same price

Yes on a backhaul they take no more than 15% and if the backhaul is back into the prime service area they only take 10%