"Slippery" ice warning still in effect

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter
Local News Channel 4 advised that there is a "Slippery" Ice warning still in effect through the late morning. Advising travellers to use caution and watch bridges, overpasses and low lying areas. Harrisburg, Pa I-81

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Skip, you have made several posts concerning this storm. While the info is appreciated, ya gotta learn to pace yourself or you will be burned out by Dec. when winter really starts j/s.:D

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Skip, you have made several posts concerning this storm. While the info is appreciated, ya gotta learn to pace yourself or you will be burned out by Dec. when winter really starts j/s.:D

Amen to that! The info about the power outages at truck stops was especially useful. That's the kind of thing that would not be usually reported in the weather news and it is important information to truckers heading into the area.

As to the rest, we are professional drivers who know about ice and snow.

skipr4520

Seasoned Expediter

LOL, I agree. I just figured that while I have the time, I would try and be as imformative as I could. Our truck has been broke down since friday and with that storm I thought the up-to-date info would help other drivers plan ahead knowing the info in advance, but instead started drama and a lot of it. While I am no rookie to driving (12 1/2 yrs) I am no veteran either, so I, myself, like to know ahead of time for any impeding danger along my travel path. I also stated in my post that I would update the info as it changed. I wanted to keep my word because some people on here may trust in what you say over time. I don't like drama and didn't mean to create any, just trying to help.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
I enjoyed all of your posts! Especially because I was driving through it!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App